Family & Community Engagement
Engaging families to improve the health and welfare of our community.
Intentionally connecting community partners to support our schools, staff, students and their families.
How You Can Help
- Fund a "buddy bench”
- Staff appreciation
- Beautification project at school (maintain green space, plant flowers around the school and in courtyards)
- Provide sweatpants, underwear, and socks
- Sponsor a class field trip
- Provide tissue, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer for classrooms
- Adopt a new teacher
- Purchase electric pencil sharpeners for teachers
- Adopt families during the holidays
- Purchase games and equipment for recess
- Sponsor a student to participate in after-school activities
- Read to kids (Literacy Corps)
- Mentor kids - meet with students on a regular basis to check-in and provide guidance
- Help students during lunchtime
- Help monitor students during recess
- Be a guest speaker
- Host/sponsor a family event
- Serve on an advisory board
- Help students with their homework
- Facilitate an after-school club
- Classroom volunteer
- Hallway/lunch monitor
- Become a Watch D.O.G.
View our District Map
Upcoming Community Events
Please join us in launching our You Drive. Kids Thrive. partnership with North Brothers Ford on January 15 @ 12pm @ North Brothers Ford on Ford Rd in Westland.
The You Drive. Kids Thrive. program will support 5th graders going to camp and afterschool activities. North Brothers Ford will donate $200 to Wayne-Westland Community Schools when individuals buy or lease a new vehicle.
Please join us in celebrating this wonderful partnership! Please RSVP by calling (734) 419-2036.
Thank you for your support.
Check out our "Show Me the Money Day" happening at Jefferson Barns Community Vitality Center. Friday, February 8, 2019 (11am to 4pm) 18100 Meyers Rd, Detroit MI 48235 & Monday, February 11, 2019 (4pm to 7pm) 32150 Dorsey St, Westland, MI 48186
Click the link above for more information from our community partners such as Goodfellows, Salvation Army, and Hype.
Thank you to the First United Methodist Church of Wayne for your donation of hats and gloves. These items were donated to our Family Resource Center. We appreciate you!
Knights of Columbus from St. Edith in Livonia, has generously donated 1,562 items, including: hygiene items, gloves, hats, scarves, coats, t-shirts, sweatpants and underwear for students in Wayne-Westland Community Schools. In addition, they donated $220 to assist students in need. Thank you to our faith based partners! #ExcellenceIsTheExpectation
Thank you to Blue Cross Complete of Michigan for your continued support and generous donation of $2,000 for the purchase of hygiene supplies to stock our Family Resource Centers.
Thank you Wayne Rotary for the generous donation today at the Family Resource Center. It’s not everyday that Santa delivers!
This list above contains a list of the following: abuse, add/adhd, adoption/fostercare, adult daycare, alternative schools, assisted living, benefits, child support, childcare, clothing, counseling & crisis intervention, dental, diapers, diabetes, disability information, divorce support, education & literacy, educational testing, employment, English second language (ESL), financial assistance, fire support, food programs, foster care, furniture, grief support, healthcare, hearing impaired, homelessness, housing, infant & prenatal, insurance, laundry services, legal assistance, libraries, literacy services, metal health, mentoring, motgage, parenting support, runaway, senior services, special education, substance abuse, suicide hotline, support groups, transportation, tutoring, unemployment, utilities, and vison.