Family & Community Engagement
Engaging families to improve the health and welfare of our community.
Intentionally connecting community partners to support our schools, staff, students and their families.
How You Can Help
- Fund a "buddy bench”
- Staff appreciation
- Beautification project at school (maintain green space, plant flowers around the school and in courtyards)
- Provide sweatpants, underwear, and socks
- Sponsor a class field trip
- Provide tissue, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer for classrooms
- Adopt a new teacher
- Purchase electric pencil sharpeners for teachers
- Adopt families during the holidays
- Purchase games and equipment for recess
- Sponsor a student to participate in after-school activities
- Read to kids (Literacy Corps)
- Mentor kids - meet with students on a regular basis to check-in and provide guidance
- Help students during lunchtime
- Help monitor students during recess
- Be a guest speaker
- Host/sponsor a family event
- Serve on an advisory board
- Help students with their homework
- Facilitate an after-school club
- Classroom volunteer
- Hallway/lunch monitor
- Become a Watch D.O.G.
View our District Map
Upcoming Community Events
We picked up a donation for the FRC from Burning Bush International Ministries. Here is a photo of the donation of socks, underwear, sweatpants, and toiletries. Thank you!
Thank you Fitness Forum for your generous donation today to our Family Resource Center. Thank you to all who support us and our students at Wayne-Westland Community Schools.
We got a nice donation of school supplies from longtime friend of our Family Resource Center! Thanks Angie!
Big thanks to Kathy Hansen Realty for the generous donation of school supplies for students in need! These supplies will be distributed through our Family Resource Center. Thank you!!
A very grateful thank you to Jack Demmer Ford, for this large donation of school supplies and backpacks given to our Family Resource Center for students in need! We appreciate your continued partnership with Wayne-Westland Community Schools! #jackdemmerford
This list above contains a list of the following: abuse, add/adhd, adoption/fostercare, adult daycare, alternative schools, assisted living, benefits, child support, childcare, clothing, counseling & crisis intervention, dental, diapers, diabetes, disability information, divorce support, education & literacy, educational testing, employment, English second language (ESL), financial assistance, fire support, food programs, foster care, furniture, grief support, healthcare, hearing impaired, homelessness, housing, infant & prenatal, insurance, laundry services, legal assistance, libraries, literacy services, metal health, mentoring, motgage, parenting support, runaway, senior services, special education, substance abuse, suicide hotline, support groups, transportation, tutoring, unemployment, utilities, and vison.