Wayne Latest News
On Monday, May 7th the following teams were presented awards at our district board meeting.
- WMHS Boys Basketball Team
- WMHS Girls Basketball Team
- WMHS Boys Bowling Team
- WMHS Ethics Team
- WMHS Percussion Team
- WMHS JROTC
Congratulations to the following seniors from Wayne Memorial who are playing at the next level!
- Camree' Clegg, Clemson, Basketball
- Marcus Fleming, Wayne County Community College, Basketball
- John Romeo Gaton, UM Dearborn, Cross Country/Track & Field
- Devon Gilbert, Concordia, Cheer
- Keshaun Hayes, Wayne County Community College, Basketball
- Jessica Leigh, Sienna Heights, Cross Country/Track & Field
- Reggie Micheaux, Findlay University, Football
- Kayla Thompson, Adrian College, Bowling
- Calvin Tuma-Hynes, Bethany College, Football
- Va'Shawn Ward, Wayne County Community College, Basketball
- Ramiya White, Penn State - Beaver, Volleyball
- GjerDonte' Williams, College of the Desert, Football
- Rashad Williams, Cleveland State, Basketball
We took a group of students and put them to the test, behind the wheel of a car using augmented reality and texting on their phone simultaneously. The results? Not good. Texting while driving significantly impaired students judgments while driving the car.
Students did this using augmented reality that simulated real wheel turns and feet on the gas pedal. The whole experience was very enjoyable and informative.
Over 70% of WMHS Seniors have been accepted to a 4-year college, 2-year college, or trade school/technical program and have been awarded over $8 million in scholarships to continue their post-secondary education. At our annual Decision Day in April, seniors announced their post-secondary plans and celebrated their many accomplishments with their peers and staff! We are so proud of the class of 2018 and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
Thanks for your support of our Zebra Music Family students!
Please join us in congratulating Savana Radtke (bassoon), Malachi Sauls (tuba), Krystal Urena-Warrington (french horn) who were selected by audition to Western Michigan University's Spring Conference All-Star Band and Savannah Dobreff (oboe) who was selected as 1st alternate. Savana Radtke was honored as 1st Chair (top) bassoonist for the band, as well. The students will have an opportunity to represent Wayne Memorial and WWCS along with students from around the state, under the direction of guest composer Michael Markowski in April 19th in Kalamazoo.
Congratulations to students of the Wayne Memorial Percussion ensemble for earning an 80.6 and 1st Place in Scholastic Concert Open Classification at Stony Creek HS on Sunday!
The month of March is full of competitions leading up to April's State Championships and the World Championships in Dayton, OH. They'll join the Wayne-Westland Winter Guard and a few other local groups their 'Home Show' on March 17 at 6:30 pm in Alumni Arena. We'd love to see you out at the home show!