Wayne Latest News
View all images from this years 2018 graduation ceremony. Go Zebras!
View all images from this event
Distinguished Alumni: Antoine McKay
Parent Volunteer: Theresa Hernandez
Our Interact Club during their tour at the Wayne Police Department last week! Our students learned a lot about what it's like to be a police officer with this first-hand experience.
Congratulations to the following seniors from Wayne Memorial who are playing at the next level!
- Camree' Clegg, Clemson, Basketball
- Marcus Fleming, Wayne County Community College, Basketball
- John Romeo Gaton, UM Dearborn, Cross Country/Track & Field
- Devon Gilbert, Concordia, Cheer
- Keshaun Hayes, Wayne County Community College, Basketball
- Jessica Leigh, Sienna Heights, Cross Country/Track & Field
- Reggie Micheaux, Findlay University, Football
- Kayla Thompson, Adrian College, Bowling
- Calvin Tuma-Hynes, Bethany College, Football
- Va'Shawn Ward, Wayne County Community College, Basketball
- Ramiya White, Penn State - Beaver, Volleyball
- GjerDonte' Williams, College of the Desert, Football
- Rashad Williams, Cleveland State, Basketball
We took a group of students and put them to the test, behind the wheel of a car using augmented reality and texting on their phone simultaneously. The results? Not good. Texting while driving significantly impaired students judgments while driving the car.
Students did this using augmented reality that simulated real wheel turns and feet on the gas pedal. The whole experience was very enjoyable and informative.
Over 70% of WMHS Seniors have been accepted to a 4-year college, 2-year college, or trade school/technical program and have been awarded over $8 million in scholarships to continue their post-secondary education. At our annual Decision Day in April, seniors announced their post-secondary plans and celebrated their many accomplishments with their peers and staff! We are so proud of the class of 2018 and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
Thanks for your support of our Zebra Music Family students!