WWCS Technology Mission
Wayne-Westland Community Schools will integrate technology throughout the District to prepare students to meet the high expectations for learning that translate into success in today’s connected community. The utilization of current technologies provides students in all our schools with enhanced learning tools and the skills needed to use them effectively. Technology-rich environments and professional learning for teachers and administrators, focusing on using technology to help differentiate learning, results in equal opportunities for all students. Technologies provide the vehicle to continually improve and enhance the teaching/learning process contributing to an increase in student achievement. The infusion of technology into District operations will increase efficiency resulting in higher-level solutions and services for students, parents, employees and the community at large. Online services allow increased communication unlimited by the constraints of time and location.
Goals and strategies for technology use
- Prepare learners to succeed by using technology to provide equal learning opportunities for all students and to support student achievement.
- Provide the technology to continually update and enhance the teaching/learning process.
- Support efficient and effective communication within the District, with parents, and with the community.
- Use technological tools to enhance productivity and the efficient use of District resources.
- Provide the support necessary to ensure the effective use of technology.