Welcome WWCS Families!
- On Monday December 7, 2020, Michigan Governor Whitmer extended the Pause to Save Lives order effective 12/9/20 through 12/20/20. The original order required school districts to suspend all in-person learning at high schools starting Wednesday, November 18, through Tuesday, December 8, 2020, with exemptions for English language learners and special education students. As stated the previous end date of December 8, 2020 has been extended until December 20, 2020. As a reminder, all Wayne-Westland Community Schools students are currently and will continue with distance learning until at least January 19, 2021. We will suspend all in-person testing and services for students until at least January 11, 2021.
- On October 29, 2020, the Board of Education voted 7-0 to approve Timeline #2 in the District’s Return to Learn In-Person Plan. This means all PreK-12 grade students will remain in their current distance learning model until possibly the beginning of the second semester of school which begins on January 19, 2021. Details may be located in the Essential RTL Documents section. View details of the Return to Learn Phase 2 : The Hybrid Model (Proposal) here.
The Champions program will continue at their sites from November 17- 27. From November 30 through December 4, Champions will be located at Marshall, 35100 Bayview, Westland. December 7th, the Champions program will return to their local building sites. Information regarding childcare may be found on this FAQ document:
- Childcare FAQs
- Food and Material Distribution
Food distribution and material distribution will continue from November 18-25. There will be no distribution from November 26 through December 4. Food and material distribution will resume, as scheduled, on December 7, 2020. Please note: We have Special New Year's Week Dates and distribution information.
- Videos and Presentations
Community Tech Help includes info on the following:
- Parents Help Page:
- Students Help Page
|ESSENTIAL RTL DOCUMENTS|
Covid-19 Self Assessment Guides - MDHSS
Return to Learn Latest News
Dear Wayne-Westland Families,
At last night’s Board of Education meeting, the Board voted to have students return to in-person learning for all PreK-12 grade students on Monday, March 1, 2021. Students will return to a hybrid learning model. The hybrid schedule is below.
In preparation for the return to in-person instruction, we will follow our COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan, which includes all appropriate safety measures which meet the state guidelines. Please review the District Parent Handbook, which includes building specific protocols. You will also receive communication from your child’s school administrator with additional information for a safe and successful return to in-person learning.
As a reminder, on Friday, January 8, 2021, Governor Whitmer announced a goal of having all K-12 schools offer in-person learning by March 1, 2021. Alongside the MDHHS, the governor also announced new state guidelines for safety protocols and mitigation in schools. Additionally, we are working with the Wayne County Health Department to provide teachers the opportunity to receive COVID-19 vaccines. The health and well-being of students and staff continue to be a top priority. Please review our Return to Learn Website for more information.
- If you do NOT want your child to return to in-person learning this school year, you can register for Wayne-Westland Online Learning (Edgenuity) by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
- All PreK-12 grade students will continue with the current distance learning instruction plan for the remainder of the first semester, which ends on January 15, 2021.
We again remind students and families to continue to adhere to COVID-19 safety recommendations made by the Wayne County Public Health Division. This includes wearing a cloth face covering or mask when near others, practicing frequent hand washing, staying home when sick and watching for potential symptoms of illness.
We are excited to welcome our students back into our schools and appreciate the patience and perseverance shown by our students, staff and families during this challenging school year. If you have any questions regarding the District’s In-Person Learning plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work together through this process.
Dear Wayne-Westland Families and Staff,
Happy New Year. I hope you all had a wonderful winter break. We are delighted to have our students and staff back this week as we continue to work on the best educational plan for our students and the safest plan for everyone to return to in-person instruction. As a reminder, a survey was recently sent out asking for your feedback; all survey responses are due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 8, 2021.
A special meeting of the Board of Education will be held on Monday, January 11, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. The Board will discuss plans for possibly returning Pre K-12 grade students to a hybrid model of in-person instruction on January 19, 2021. You can watch this meeting via Zoom. At this meeting, the Board of Education will use information from the surveys and data and guidance from health officials to determine when our students and staff will return to in-person learning. More details on school-specific plans will be sent by building principals after the Board confirms a date for returning to in-person learning. A District Parent Handbook with guidelines and protocols for returning to in-person learning will be updated as time goes on. I am resharing the October 29, 2020, Board presentation and the Return to Learn Website that was sent out earlier this fall for your reference. All Pre K-12 grade students will continue with the current distance learning instruction plan for the remainder of the first semester, which ends on January 15, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the District’s In-Person Learning plan, please email them to email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work together through this process.
2020-2021 WWCS Return Plan Scenarios
The first day of school is Tuesday, September 1, 2020. The phase the state of Michigan is in, as determined by Governor Whitmer’s MI Safe Schools Return to School Roadmap, will determine what plan WWCS will follow.