We need your help! Help WWCS redesign our secondary schools. Follow this link to provide your feedback
Also, please join us at one of the following community meetings:
- Tuesday, March 5 @ 3:45pm at Marshall Upper Elementary School library
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 3:15pm at Adams Upper Elementary School library
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 6pm at Franklin Middle School library
- Thursday, March 14 @ 7pm at Stevenson Middle School library
It's time for the North Brothers Ford and City of Westland's 21st Annual 5K Fun Run/Walk to benefit the breast cancer research, treatment and education at Karmanos Cancer Institute. Please join us on Saturday, May 18, at 9:00 a.m.
All proceeds go locally to the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute for Breast Cancer Research. For more information, Please sign up at northbrosford.net, or contact Nathan Quenby at North Brothers Ford (734) 524-1244, or email us at: email@example.com
The following is an updated list of Board of Education meetings:
- May 21 -Study Session -6:00 p.m.
- June 4 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m. (The resolution to approve the tax levy needs to be presented at this meeting in order to comply with timelines from the cities.)
- June 18-Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m. (Final budget amendment, budget hearing, budget)
- July 30 -Regular Meeting (NO meeting on July 16) -7:00 p.m.
- August 20 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- September 17 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- October 1 -Study Session -6:00 p.m. (location to be determined)
- October 15 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- November 12 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
- November 26 -Study Session -6:00 p.m. (location to be determined)
- December 10 -Regular Meeting -7:00 p.m.
Adams hosted Painting with a Parent for 25 students and their parent. Our art teacher, Mr. Millett led a class similar to “Painting with a Twist” where parents and students created canvas paintings. Food was provided and both the parent and student will leave with their own painted canvas! This activity was planned by our Family and Community Engagement Committee in an effort to get more of our parents involved at Adams.
DWMHA nominated Mrs. Amy Gee for a NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) Award for all the work she has done at Hicks to advocate and serve our families that have more significant needs. She won the award! They even purchased tickets for her and her husband to attend the NAMI Black Tie Gala tomorrow evening at the Renaissance Center downtown. It's apparently ball gown fancy! Regardless if she “wins”... she is already a winner in Wayne-Westland.
Let’s congratulate and show some family love for one of our own!
Greg Ambrose has been awarded the Regional Athletic Director of the Year by the MIAAA. Please congratulate him!
Today we had our Kindergarten Roundup and it was a success. Thank you to everyone who helped out. And to new parents enrolling their child, WELCOME! Excellence is the Expectation here at Wayne-Westland Community Schools.
Stottlemyer Early Childhood Center would love to meet your child!
Contact us at (734) 419-2630
Which program should I choose?
- Head Start - For income-eligible children ages 3 and 4. Full and part-day classes while they last.
- Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) - Full day classes for income-eligible 4-year-olds.
- Sparkey - Tuition based program for 3 and 4-year-olds.
- Special Education classes are available for children birth to age 5.
Community & Advisory Meeting Schedule
|‹ March 2019 ›|
Special Education Services Advisory 5:30 PM to 6:30 PMSpecial Education Services AdvisoryDate: Mar 19Time: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PMLocation: Administration BuildingCalendar: Community & Advisory Meetings
Bond Advisory Meeting 1:00 PM to 2:00 PMBond Advisory MeetingDate: Mar 21Time: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PMLocation: Administration BuildingCalendar: Community & Advisory Meetings
Health & Welfare Advisory Board Meeting 3:15 PM to 4:15 PMHealth & Welfare Advisory Board MeetingDate: Mar 21Time: 3:15 PM to 4:15 PMCalendar: Community & Advisory Meetings
Adams Upper Elementary Family Resource Center
Academic Activities, Attraction & Alternative Education Advisory 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMAcademic Activities, Attraction & Alternative Education AdvisoryDate: Mar 26Time: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMLocation: Administration BuildingCalendar: Community & Advisory Meetings
Communications Advisory Committee Meeting 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMCommunications Advisory Committee MeetingDate: Mar 26Time: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMLocation: Administration BuildingCalendar: Community & Advisory Meetings
Special Education Services Advisory 5:30 PM to 7:30 PMSpecial Education Services AdvisoryDate: Apr 16Time: 5:30 PM to 7:30 PMLocation: Administration BuildingCalendar: Community & Advisory Meetings