In October, $5,000 worth of scholarships will be awarded to Michigan students. Applicants are asked to submit a persuasive message that shows how you would convince young drivers to reduce distractions while driving.
Finalists will be notified by October 1st, 2019 and winners will be announced the week of October 22nd, 2019.
Messages may be in the form of a video, graphic or Tweet that resonates with teens and influences their driving behavior.
Entries will be judged and critiqued on the following factors:
- Ability to persuade others, especially teen drivers, to stop texting while driving.
- Ability to grab the attention of your friends, peers and family.
- A clear and understandable message.
- Demonstration of your personal creativity and ingenuity.
Applicant must be enrolled in and plan to attend college in the 2019/2020 school year.
Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
Award Amount is $750
This workshop will allow participants to explore various career, employment and transfer options.
- Develop an education focus to select future careers
- Acquire knowledge to transition and transfer to another college/university
- Explore career pathways that lead to employment opportunities.
For more information, visit www.wcccd.edu or call 313-496-2600
US Dept of State HS Study Abroad Document (includes links to multiple opportunities)