2022 Senior Information
Class of 2022 Final Updated Senior Information
- All report card holds and fines must be resolved before participation in any Senior event. THIS INCLUDES GRADUATION!
- All information in this mailing is accurate at the time of printing. It is subject to change. Please watch your emails for updates.
Class of 2022 Last Day of School
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022 will be all of your finals.
- The last day of school for seniors will be Thursday, May 26, 2022.
- May 26, 2022 is a mandatory day of attendance. You may not be able to attend prom if you do not attend school on this day.
- May 26, 2022 you will report to the auditorium at 7:10 AM. You will be done by 9:00 AM
- May 26, 2022 will be graduation rehearsal for all of our seniors!
2022 Yearbook Information
- There is still time to order a yearbook.
- Yearbooks are $75, you can add name stamping for an additional $10 and must be ordered by April 2nd.
- To order a yearbook, please go to www.yearbookforever.com
- Yearbooks will be distributed in the fall of 2023.
- An email will go to the email that we have on file for the person that ordered the yearbook - please be sure that we have an accurate email address for seniors.
- Please complete this form for your personal address and email so that we can reach you next year if needed. https://forms.gle/wVu35GM3VJFu3AqA6
Cap and Gown:
- All seniors must have a cap and gown to participate in the graduation ceremony. These must be ordered through Herff Jones. If you have not ordered, please do so immediately. 734-725-5743.
- Cap and gowns will be distributed on June 2, 2022 as long as materials are turned in and fines are paid.
- Cap and gown pick - up will be Thursday, June 2, 2022 from 8 am - 10 am only. You will come to the alumni gym.
- This will be the last opportunity to take care of any fines that are owed.
- Seniors will receive their cap and gown, tickets, etc as long as all fines are paid and materials are turned in.
- Place: Bellagio Banquet & Conference Center 23900 W. Warren
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
- Date & Time: Thursday, May 26, 2022 6:00 - 11:00 PM
- Dinner is included in the price of the ticket. NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED after 8:30 PM
- Cost: $65 per person, you will receive payment instructions after the contract is received and approved.
- The absolute last day to purchase tickets is May 6, 2022.
- Students must have a current Wayne Memorial student ID to enter prom.
- Guests: Each senior is allowed to bring one guest to prom. Your guest must be currently enrolled in high school or have graduated in the past year (not before 2021). Guests must present current school identification or state identification to enter prom.
- Prom Contract: All seniors attending prom must have an online contract on file prior to purchasing a ticket by April 29, 2022. Any senior bringing a guest must pick up a paper contract for their guest from the main office and that contract must be completed and returned (following the directions on it) by April 29, 2022. Contracts will not be accepted after April 29, 2022. Here is the prom contract url: https://forms.gle/Drj8tYVo6B2QGGwK7 This contract can only be accessed using the student school email.
- Photographer: The photographers will be available from 6:45 to 10:30 PM. Picture cost information will be provided by email. Prom photos must be ordered the night of prom. Cash only! Photos will be available for pick up in the main office at Wayne Memorial High School after June 5, 2022.
- Attire: Formal attire with appropriate coverage is expected.
- Photo Booth: There will be a photo booth at the event so you may want to bring some extra cash to get fun pictures with your friends :)
- There are no refunds on prom tickets. The class of 2022 must prepay for all services to the vendors.
- Prom is a school-sponsored event. All school rules are applicable and will be enforced.
- Violation of drug and alcohol policy will result in:
- Immediate dismissal from the premises after notifying parent / guardian. A parent must pick up the student. For parents who cannot be reached, students will be sent home via taxicab at his / her own expense.
- No participation in the 2022 commencement ceremony. Receiving a diploma is a right granted by the State of Michigan to students who have completed the necessary requirements. However, participation in commencement exercises is a privilege granted by Wayne - Westland Community Schools.
Senior Group Photograph:
- The senior panoramic picture will be taken on May 10, 2022. This will take place at the school. To order the panoramic photograph, go to http://orders.schoolpictures.com/ordering/with?key=4XZCM9VP
- Graduation Foto will send out an email / letter after the event for you to be able to order.
Senior Honors Convocation:
- The senior honors convocation ceremony will take place on Thursday, 6/2/2022 at 7 PM.
- This ceremony gives recognition to seniors who have earned tuition grants, academic honors, special department awards, and scholarships. To participate in the program, any senior receiving recognition for scholarships or grants should notify the counseling office at 734-419-2215 by Friday, April 22, 2022. Formal invitations will be mailed to seniors being honored, however all seniors may attend.
- Place: Eastern Michigan University Convocation Center 799 N Hewitt Rd Ypsilanti, MI
- Date: Saturday, June 4, 2022
- Time: 2:00 PM (graduates must be in the lower level of the Convocation Center by 12:45 PM). The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Tickets: All guests attending the graduation ceremony must have a ticket for admittance.
- ****Each graduating senior will receive six tickets for his / her guests. Extra tickets will be available for purchase from Eastern Michigan University 734-487-5386 for $5 each after May 2, 2022.
- Tickets will be distributed to seniors during graduation rehearsal.
- Suites will be available for rental from Eastern Michigan University - contact them 734-467-5386 for details.
- Masks must be worn at all times when in the Eastern Michigan University Convocation Center.
- Seating: Seating at the Convocation Center is on a “first come, first served” basis with NO SAVING SEATS ALLOWED. All seating is handicap accessible.
- Security: All guests must go through Eastern Michigan University security. Eastern Michigan University will enforce whatever level of precaution they deem necessary at the time of graduation. Purses and bags will be subject to search. Guests may not want to bring purses or bags into the convocation center. Foghorns, noise makers, etc. will be confiscated.
- Graduation is a dignified and proper ceremony. Please discuss with your relatives and friends the need to refrain from sporting event behavior such as catcalling, whistling, stomping one’s feet, using noise makers (these items will be confiscated at security), and applauding loudly at inappropriate times. Rowdy spectators will be removed. Please hold all applause until all graduates have received their diplomas. It is important that each family be able to hear the name of his/her graduate.
- Any student found to be in possession or under the influence of alcoholic beverages or any illegal substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Graduation depends on completion of all requirements. Failing a fourth marking period or the second semester final exam may result in a failing semester grade. Only students who have met the requirements for graduation by Thursday, May 26, 2022 will cross the stage at Eastern Michigan University. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s counselor at 734-419-2215. Parents of students not graduating will be notified by telephone before the close of the business day Thursday, May 26, 2022.
- Graduation Foto will be taking a photo of every graduate as he / she receives a diploma. You will receive a proof by email and an order form. Purchased photos will be mailed to you by Graduation Foto. By offering this service, the dignity of our graduation ceremony will be maintained. It will not be possible for members of the audience to approach the stage to take pictures.
Senior Decision Day and barbeque:
- Decision Day will be Friday, May 13, 2022
- Decision Day is a celebration event where everyone’s plans are recognized and celebrated. No matter what you decide to do after high school, it is your plan and your path!
- We hope to have all seniors participate in this event because there will be a chance to share your plans with everyone and talk about what you are looking forward to after you graduate. There may even be raffle prizes!
- If you can, please try to take a selfie / pic of you holding up either an acceptance letter of the school you decide to go to OR a poster with your career path or plan. Everyone is included in this! Please send this to Ms. Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 24, 2022.
- It is important to have some plan of what you want to do after graduation. This day should be motivating and exciting and should not be something that stresses you out. If Ms.Carter has not met with you and you are stressed out about your future - just set up an appointment with her. The responsibility is now on you to make plans for your future. She can help, you just have to let her know what you need.
Senior Final Farewell:
- Senior final farewell will be Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Held at High Velocity 46245 Michigan Ave Canton, MI
- 6 pm - 10 pm
- There is a waiver that must be filled out.
- This is a free event for our seniors.
Class of 2022 Senior Roll-out and Fun Day!
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- Roll-out will start at promptly at 3:00pm
- This is a chance for you to drive through campus one last time and wave to all your teachers.
- Each senior is allowed to bring one car through the roll-out (parents can drive you or ride with you).
- You are allowed to decorate your car appropriately.
- During the time of the roll-out, you will come through the planned route and your teachers will be lining the route, waving to you and wishing you luck.❖ You will also have an opportunity to throw water balloons and play with silly string starting at 2:15 pm.
- This will be done in the flats.
- You will have to fill the water balloons here.
- You can bring unopened silly string for this fun time.
- The Kona ice truck will be here as well and each senior will receive a Klassic Kona (free)