Welcome ToAdams Upper Elementary
Transportation Bus Routes - Adams
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
First Weeks of School Handbook
Code of Conduct
Elementary Points of Pride
5th grade camp meeting information
Report Card Standards
School Improvement Plan
Annual Education Reports
School Supply List
**This is a general supply list. Specific teachers may have other needs based on their instructional activities.
- Lined filler paper
- 5 - composition or spiral bound notebooks
- 5 - two pocket folders
- Glue sticks
Optional Classroom Donations:
- Clorox Wipes
- Hand sanitizer
Mission Statement / Points of Pride
Love Lead Learn
Points of Pride
- Over 150 students met NWEA RIT goal in all 4 areas
- Two 5th Grade classes presented on historical figures to their families and distinguished guests
- 30 students put together and presented in technology showcase to their families and distinguished guests
- Student Lighthouse Team members presented about Adams to 4th graders and their parents at our 4th grade transition night
- Adams Welcome Leaders routinely give tours to new students, parents, families, and guests
- 22 talented students performed in the annual Adams has Talent Show in front of families, guests and the entire school
- About 180 6th Graders received awards at our 6th Grade Awards Ceremony
- Post Secondary Program runs a weekly coffee shop for staff members
- We have the Beaumont Clinic housed at Adams which supports our students and families
- We have the Family Resource Center housed at Adams which supports our students and families
- Students get many opportunities for experiential learning through field trips to places such as Greenfield Village, the Detroit Zoo, Comerica Park, the Henry Ford and theater performances.
- We have a dedicated staff who believe in doing what is best for students.
The Cost of Educating a Student
March 21, 22, and 23rd at 7pm
John Glenn Auditorium
$10 for students / $12 adults
This year's Coffee with the Superintendent will take place on April 11th, 2019 at 9am. Location will be at Schweitzer Elementary School (2601 Treadwell, Westland MI 48186)
April 25, 26, and 27th at 7pmStockmeyer Auditorium (Wayne Memorial High School)
Tickets are $12
Doors open 30 minutes before each show
Changes are coming to Wayne-Westland. We need your input on right-sizing the District.
ThoughtExchange is one way in which you can help provide feedback.
What factors should be considered when determining what school should be closed?
Participate now (no identifying information needed):
Also, please join us at one of the following community meetings:
- Tuesday, March 5 @ 3:45pm at Marshall Upper Elementary School library
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 3:15pm at Adams Upper Elementary School library
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 6pm at Franklin Middle School library
- Thursday, March 14 @ 7pm at Stevenson Middle School library
The Champions Program is a before and after school childcare program offered at all of the K-6 buildings in the Wayne-Westland Community School District. We provide structured childcare services before and after school, during school breaks, snow days and a summer camp program!
Champions before and aftercare makes the hours before and after school fun and engaging. Kids get everything they need to start the school day energized and end the school day, ready to go home for some quality family time! Our fun and varied program is made up of various hands-on activities that give your child the opportunity to continue learning before and after school.
And remember, our program is open to all families—even those who don’t attend Champions during the rest of the year. So tell a friend or family member. You can feel confident knowing Champions has been recognized as a high-quality provider by AdvancED, earning us corporation accreditation.
Adams Latest News
Adams hosted Painting with a Parent for 25 students and their parent. Our art teacher, Mr. Millett led a class similar to “Painting with a Twist” where parents and students created canvas paintings. Food was provided and both the parent and student will leave with their own painted canvas! This activity was planned by our Family and Community Engagement Committee in an effort to get more of our parents involved at Adams.
Fifth-grade students in Mrs. Wade’s class at Adams Upper Elementary School in Westland participated in a live video distance learning program in conjunction with the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum. Students first learned how a parachute's surface area affects its air resistance or drag force. Students then planned their parachute idea, created it, tested it, and modified it until it was just right. This activity was an excellent opportunity for students to engage in the Engineering Design Process.
For more information on this project, please contact Sandi Wade, 5th Grade Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org, 734-419-2375.
Attention 6-12 grade students. We need your help in planning for the future of Wayne-Westland Community Schools.
Please share your thoughts with us in this survey
Students Shannon O'Shea from Adams Upper Elementary School and Jeffrey Smith III from Franklin Middle School are the winners of the 39th Earle Chorbagian District Spelling Bee. These 2 students have advanced to the WXYZ Channel 7 Scripps Spelling Bee, which will be held on March 10th at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History. Congratulations Shannon and Jeffrey!
Attendance Line: 734-419-2399
Student Hours: Full Day: 8:00 am - 2:50 pm
AM Half Day: 8:00 am - 11:10 am