Welcome To Adams Upper Elementary
Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
Love Lead Learn
School Supply List
School Supply List
**This is a general supply list. Specific teachers may have other needs based on their instructional activities.
- Lined filler paper
- 5 - composition or spiral bound notebooks
- 5 - two pocket folders
- Glue sticks
Optional Classroom Donations:
- Clorox Wipes
- Hand sanitizer
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
First Weeks of School Handbook
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- Over 150 students met NWEA RIT goal in all 4 areas
- Two 5th Grade classes presented on historical figures to their families and distinguished guests
- 30 students put together and presented in technology showcase to their families and distinguished guests
- Student Lighthouse Team members presented about Adams to 4th graders and their parents at our 4th grade transition night
- Adams Welcome Leaders routinely give tours to new students, parents, families, and guests
- 22 talented students performed in the annual Adams has Talent Show in front of families, guests and the entire school
- About 180 6th Graders received awards at our 6th Grade Awards Ceremony
- Post Secondary Program runs a weekly coffee shop for staff members
- We have the Beaumont Clinic housed at Adams which supports our students and families
- We have the Family Resource Center housed at Adams which supports our students and families
- Students get many opportunities for experiential learning through field trips to places such as Greenfield Village, the Detroit Zoo, Comerica Park, the Henry Ford and theater performances.
- We have a dedicated staff who believe in doing what is best for students.
Adams Latest News
WWCS has added new Curriculum Resource opportunities to the District Updates page. Please check back often as we continue working to gather and post new educational enhancement resources for your child's continued education during the state mandated shutdown.
Wayne-Westland Community Schools will be providing access to FREE breakfast and lunch for ALL students up to 18 years old and students age 18-26 in the adult transitional program. Families are welcome to pick up meals on
Monday, March 30, 2020 (5 day supply of breakfast and lunch)
10 am- 1 pm (or while supplies last)
John Glenn High School, 36105 Marquette, Westland
This is a drive-thru distribution. Students DO NOT need to be present for families to obtain meals.
NOTE: ALL TRAFFIC MUST ENTER MARQUETTE FROM WAYNE ROAD. NO ENTRANCE FROM NEWBURGH.
You will enter the driveway on the west end of the Board of Education office on Marquette. The main entrance at John Glenn High School will be closed. The line will wrap around behind the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center and up to the front entrance of John Glenn High School. Volunteers will bring the food to the vehicle. Meals distributed will follow USDA reimbursable meal guidelines.
LEARNING ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE
Wayne-Westland staff will also have packets of math activities for elementary, middle and high school students available to pick up during the food distribution. The packets will also be available on the District’s website.
We understand how challenging it may be to help your child continue learning at home. Below is a great resource that offers suggestions for top websites in all content areas that you can utilize.
In addition, please encourage your child to read daily! Ask him or her to tell you about what they read or have them write about it! This is an easy way to keep your child engaged in learning at home.
The Wayne-Westland Community Schools Board of Education has chosen the candidates they will interview for the position of Superintendent.
The Board of Education of Wayne-Westland Community Schools has selected two finalists to interview for the Superintendent position.
Adams Upper Elementary
Westland, MI 48186
Attendance Line: 734-419-2399
Full Day: 8:00 am - 2:50 pm
AM Half Day: 8:00 am - 11:10 am
|‹ April 2020 ›|
6 Aprthru Apr 13
Spring Break No SchoolDate: Apr 6 - Apr 13Calendar: Adams Upper Elementary
C lasses resume on Tuesday, April 14
6 Aprthru Apr 13
Spring BreakDate: Apr 6 - Apr 13Calendar: Adams Upper Elementary
Return to school on Tues April 14.
Early Dismissal at 1:50 pm 7:50 AM to 1:50 PMEarly Dismissal at 1:50 pmDate: Apr 21Time: 7:50 AM to 1:50 PMCalendar: Adams Upper Elementary
Mobile Dentist Spring VisitDate: Apr 22Calendar: Adams Upper Elementary
22 Aprthru Apr 23
Mobile DentistDate: Apr 22 - Apr 23Location: TBDCalendar: Adams Upper Elementary
Forms are due Monday, March 16.
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: