Welcome ToGraham Elementary School
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
School Supply Lists
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
Always My Best and Nothing less!
The students, staff and parents of P.D. Graham Elementary School work together to create a caring, cooperative learning atmosphere, which will produce a responsible, lifelong learner.
Points of Pride
- Knowledgeable and experienced teaching staff (90% 10+ years with Wayne-Westland Community Schools)
- 2017 M-Step ELA 3rd & 4th Grade scores above the county and district.
- Grades 2-4 exceeded our School Improvement Goals of 50% of students meeting their Spring NWEA Reading projected RIT growth, with 3rd grade exceeding 75% growth.
- Four teachers received foundation grants and/or Detroit Zoo grants to fund classroom initiatives and school field trips.
- Outstanding PTA that sponsors family nights, assemblies, classroom mini-grants, and parent volunteer opportunities, and so much more.
- Student Council raised over $3,000 for Pennies for Patients for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and donated over 600 hats/gloves/scarfs for the Winter Warm-Up Collection for the Purple Heart.
- PAWS FOR A CAUSE peer to peer program which partners general education students with students with disabilities to foster social skill development and independence.
- Parent engagement opportunities- Book Bingo, Book Fair Nights, Music Concerts, 4th Grade Biography Night, Talent Shows, etc.
P.D. Graham videos
The Cost of Educating a Student
We are surveying our staff and community about what you think is most important as we develop our Profile of a Graduate. Please complete this initial survey with your top 7 choices of the most critical elements of a high school graduate.
We need your help! Help WWCS redesign our secondary schools. Follow this link to provide your feedback
Graham Latest News
On Tuesday, December 11th, P.D. Graham Elementary School hosted the annual 1st and 2nd Grade Holiday Concert under the direction of music teacher John Gonthier. The attendance for the concert was so outstanding, that the event is going to be moved to the gym at Stevenson Middle School next school year. Multiple students not involved with the concert showed up to help pass out programs and move all available chairs from the classroom into the gym. After all of the chairs had been moved, there was still barely enough room for standing room only. It speaks directly to the level of support for music education at P.D. Graham Elementary School.
Each grade sung a grand total of three songs and then came together on stage at the end of the concert to perform a joint choir singing of Jingle Bells. This was also an opportunity for audience participation. The performance was spectacular and the students should be very proud of what was accomplished.
Great News- FREE Breakfast and Lunch for ALL K-12 students!
Beginning Oct. 1, 2018, Wayne-Westland Community Schools will offer FREE breakfast and lunch to all K-12 students.
Attendance Line: 734-419-2626
Student Hours: Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am -12:10 pm