The Wayne-Westland Community Schools, in cooperation with parents and the community, will educate and prepare all of our students to be knowledgeable, responsible, contributing members of a global society.
Regular Meeting 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMRegular MeetingDate: Aug 16Time: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMCalendar: District Calendar
First Day of School (Half Day K-5 Students Only)Date: Aug 30Calendar: District Calendar
Labor Day Recess - No SchoolDate: Sep 3Calendar: District Calendar
Labor Day Recess - No SchoolDate: Sep 6Calendar: District Calendar
Regular Meeting 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMRegular MeetingDate: Sep 13Time: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMCalendar: District Calendar
August 18, 2021 from 10am - 2pm
District Job Fair - William D. Ford Career-Technical Center - 36455 Marquette Westland, MI 48185
On-Site Interviews. Bring your resume or apply online at wwcsd.net.
We are hiring for the following positions:
- Bus Drivers
- Food Services
Dear Wayne-Westland School Community,
I hope you are enjoying your summer break. As we plan for the 2021-22 school year, we continue to prioritize the safety of our students and staff. Based on the recommendations released on June 25, 2021, by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Wayne County Health Department’s Return to School Toolkit, our plans for this fall include:
- Students will return to five full days a week of in-person learning. Families seeking an online alternative may enroll in the WWCS Virtual Academy by August 15, 2021.
- We will not require face coverings for students and staff in our District this fall. While no longer required, the Wayne County Health Department recommends that individuals who are not fully vaccinated should consider wearing a face covering when indoors, especially in crowded settings. Wayne-Westland Community Schools respects each family’s or individual’s decision.
- NOTE: Students who ride the bus MUST wear a mask while on the bus according to CDC Federal guidelines. Parents MUST register any eligible student if they will be using bus transportation. Registration can be done through the MIStar parent connect site.
- Should specialized programs require a mask, the supervisor of the program will contact staff and families.
- WWCS will not require students and staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The decision to receive the vaccine remains a choice of the family or individual.
- We have no information to indicate testing for COVID-19 will be required for schools in the fall and WWCS has no plans to test students or staff.
- Health and safety strategies will continue, including self-screening and reporting, cleaning protocols and the frequent use of disinfectants and hand washing.
- Sports programs will follow MHSAA guidelines. As of June 22, 2021, there are no requirements or restrictions on testing, gatherings, groups and face masks for any sports activity, both indoors and outdoors. Face coverings are no longer required for anyone, including both vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals.
- Community partners, including Champions and Bright Futures, will have their own protocols and will communicate them with families.
We are also asking you to continue to partner with us in keeping our students and staff safe by monitoring any symptoms and keeping your child/ren home when they are sick. Students cannot return to school until they have gone 24 hours without a fever, vomiting, or diarrhea. We will continue to abide by any Wayne County Health Department mandates.
Your best source of accurate information is our District website. We remain centered on our core educational mission that Great Futures Start Right Here in Wayne-Westland Community Schools. We will send follow-up communications with important activities leading up to our start date of August 30. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Dr. John Dignan
We are excited to share that Wayne-Westland Community Schools is offering a Young 5s program this fall. Attached is a flyer that explains the program with a link to an interest form.
Wayne-Westland is also a School of Choice District so students do NOT have to live within our attendance boundaries to attend our District.
Please share this information with anyone who may be interested in a Young 5 program for their child.
Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: