Welcome To Adams Middle School
Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
Adams Return to In Person School Videos
As we approach March 1 and our return to In-Person learning, some things around Adams Middle School will be a little different. We have created these 5 Return to In Person School videos to help you be prepared.
S.O.A.R. : Strive Ownership Achieve Read
Strive : Students at Adams strive to be successful in all they do.
- Set goals for themselves
- Work towards reaching their goals
- Learn from mistakes
Ownership : Students at Adams take ownership for their actions and work ethic.
- Accountable for own words and actions
- Seek help when needed
Achieve : Students at Adams achieve by always putting forth their best effort.
- Follow school expectations
- Work hard and show effort inside and outside of class
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Collaborate and think critically
Read : Students at Adams read proficiently in order to expand their knowledge.
- Read for a minimum of twenty minutes daily
- Read to be successful in all content areas
- Read to expand opportunities and creativity
Adams Middle School is committed to providing opportunities for all learners to SOAR towards college, career and life readiness.
School Supply List
School Supply List
**This is a general supply list. Specific teachers may have other needs based on their instructional activities.
- Lined filler paper
- 5 - composition or spiral bound notebooks
- 5 - two pocket folders
- Glue sticks
Optional Classroom Donations:
- Clorox Wipes
- Hand sanitizer
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
2020-2021 Middle School Course Description Guide
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
First Weeks of School Handbook
Middle School Points of Pride
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- Daily time dedicated to focusing on social emotional learning using the Positive Action Curriculum in an effort to maintain a positive school climate and ensure the social and emotional needs of students are met.
- School-wide PBIS with a focus on restorative practices
- Quarterly school-wide project based learning lessons and activities aligned with student interest and current events
- The Eagle’s NEST (Needs Essential Support Time) provides academic and behavior supports to students throughout the day as needed
- Band, Choir and Vocal concert performances throughout the year
- Athletic opportunities and other extra-curricular activities for students in grades 6-8
- Instructional Learning Cycles are data driven and implemented based on student need.
- Staff managed onsite food pantry
- The Family Resource Center and Beaumont Clinic are housed at Adams to support our students and families
- Partnerships with the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum and Detroit Arts and Scraps to bring STEAM and project based learning to classrooms
Adams Latest News
- No Appointments Necessary Between 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. Wednesday through Saturday At Wayne County Community College District – Downriver Campus in Taylor
- The Wayne County Public Health Department will accept COVID-19 vaccination walk-up for county residents who are age 16 years or older at its vaccine clinic at Wayne County Community College District – Downriver Campus Wednesday, April 14 through Saturday, April 17.
- Pfizer vaccines are available in Taylor between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Vaccines are free. No appointment is necessary. Walk-ups must be Wayne County residents. Residents younger than 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to receive vaccination.
- Residents may still schedule a vaccination appointment with the Wayne County Public Health Department by calling toll-free 1-866-610-3885.
- For more information on COVID-19 vaccination locations visit www.waynecounty.com/covid19
- WHAT: Free Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine walk-up appointments
- WHEN: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (based on vaccine supply)
- WHERE: Wayne County Community College District – Downriver Campus
- Wednesday, April 14 – Saturday, April 17
- 2100 Northline Road, Taylor
- Free Parking
- Available via SMART Bus Route #160
- WHO: Wayne County residents age 16 or older
P-EBT provides supplemental food assistance benefits to students who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of the program is to make sure no child goes hungry by missing out on school meals.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and Michigan Department of Education (MDE) partnered during the 2019-2020 school year to provide these critical benefits to over 900,000 students. We are excited to be partnering again for the 2020-2021 school year to provide these benefits to students to help reduce food insecurity.
Links to more information:
Check out this virtual “Mindful Moment Room”, developed by the District's Mental Health Taskforce. It focuses on self-care and mindful resources and activities for students, staff and families. It was developed from similar rooms created by our staff for students. This Mindful Moment Room has information on Meditation, Yoga, relaxing music, photos and videos, recipes, and more.
For a complete list of all WWCS Distance Learning Schedules, please visit our Return to Learn updates page.
Welcome back Wayne-Westland friends and family! We would like to invite everyone to share your First Day of School photos with us!
Students, Staff & Parents... help us celebrate your unique 2020 return to school experience. We look forward to seeing your creative first day photos!
Email your photos to email@example.com
We may be sharing your photos on Facebook, Twitter and the District website.
UPDATE: Change to WWCS Hotspots (formerly Bus Hotspots)
The Wayne-Westland Community Schools buses equipped with wifi have been replaced by wifi units located inside clubhouses, management offices and homes in the same areas as the buses were stationed.
Here is a list of current locations:
The Landings Apartments
Hickory Woods Apartments
Park Hills Apartments
Salvation Army (Westland)
Samaritas Family Shelter
Return to In-Person Safety Videos
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
Adams Middle School
Westland, MI 48186
Attendance Line: 734-419-2399
Full Day: 7:50 am - 2:40 pm
AM Half Day: 7:50 am - 11:00 am
|Previous April 2021 Next|
No School K-12 Professional DevelopmentDate: Apr 30Calendar: Adams Middle School
PM K-12 PlanningDate: May 28Calendar: Adams Middle School
Memorial Day RecessDate: May 31Calendar: Adams Middle School
PM K-12 Records DayDate: Jun 10Calendar: Adams Middle School
PM K-12 Records Day (Last day of school)Date: Jun 11Calendar: Adams Middle School
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: