Welcome ToHicks Elementary
With the assistance and cooperation of parents, we will instill confidence and self-worth in children by empowering them with responsibility. Each day, we, the staff at Hicks Elementary School, will offer a productive learning environment conducive to meeting the individual needs of our diverse student population.
High teacher expectations, parental involvement, and pupil attendance are the keys to our success.
Empowered to Lead and Succeed!
Hicks Latest News
Good evening Wayne-Westland Students, Families and Staff,
As we enter the last week of September, we continue to be proud of how well our students are adjusting to their daily routines. Our schools have many activities and special events coming up this fall, so ensure you get the communications from your child’s school and check our district website.
60 Seconds in Wayne-Westland with Daryl Beebe
- September is Suicide Prevention Month
- College FestiFall
Points of Pride
- Removed from Priority Status
- 1st grade learned how to publish their writing….using Google Apps for Education!
- Getting trained in, and implementing the 5 competencies into our SEL lessons.
- Increased PTO events
- Remaining Undefeated in Hicks Basketball Team
- Staff is always willing to help each other out.
- Community involvement and family atmosphere.
- More than 40% of students met RIT Goal school wide.
- Significantly decreased ODR’s by 500!
- Significantly decreasing suspensions by over 300 since 2015-2016 school year!
Inkster, MI 48141
Attendance Line: 734-419-2666
Full Day: 9:10 am - 4:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:10 am - 12:20 pm
|Previous September 2022 Next|
Follow Our Social Media
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: