Welcome ToHicks Elementary School
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
With the assistance and cooperation of parents, we will instill confidence and self-worth in children by empowering them with responsibility. Each day, we, the staff at Hicks Elementary School, will offer a productive learning environment conducive to meeting the individual needs of our diverse student population.
High teacher expectations, parental involvement, and pupil attendance are the keys to our success.
Empowered to Lead and Succeed!
Points of Pride
- Removed from Priority Status
- 1st grade learned how to publish their writing….using Google Apps for Education!
- Getting trained in, and implementing the 5 competencies into our SEL lessons.
- Increased PTO events
- Remaining Undefeated in Hicks Basketball Team
- Staff is always willing to help each other out.
- Community involvement and family atmosphere.
- More than 40% of students met RIT Goal school wide.
- Significantly decreased ODR’s by 500!
- Significantly decreasing suspensions by over 300 since 2015-2016 school year!
The Cost of Educating a Student
Hicks Latest News
Congratulations to our two pledge students who participated in saying the Pledge of Allegiance on our September 17th, 2018 Board Meeting.
Wayne-Westland Community Schools Superintendent, Dr. Shelley Holt, received a personal phone call from State Superintendent Brian Whiston with the great news: Hicks Elementary School and Hamilton Elementary School have been released from priority school status based on their increases in student achievement. The District is very proud of the collective work of so many, including the students themselves, and are celebrating this success. Schools were notified at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 27, 2017. The pride and joy was evident on the faces of teachers, students, support staff and administrators.
Attendance Line: 734-419-2666
Student Hours: Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am -12:10 pm
|‹ September 2018 ›|