As the winter weather progresses and we spend more time indoors, illnesses continue to thrive. We are seeing a rise in the number of ill students and staff. Below is a reminder of the district health policies. The MDHHS (Michigan Department of Health and Human Services) recommends, and the district requests, the following protocols:
Greetings Wayne-Westland Families,
Today is Ground Hog Day which means spring is hopefully just around the corner even though our recent weather has proven that winter is not over yet! Since the colder temperatures will probably be with us for a bit longer, please remember to keep your children bundled up when they go outside. Many of our students walk to school, wait at a bus stop or go out to recess during the school day. It is important for their health and safety that they wear a coat, hat, gloves, and boots to keep them warm. If you need assistance with winter gear for your child, please contact the office staff at your child’s school.
- Wayne-Westland Children's Theater - Annie
- National History Day Competition
- High School Unified Sports
- William D Ford Career Tech Center : Open House - February 7, 2023 from 6-8pm
- Kindergarten Kickstart : March 9, 2023
The window is open to order school spirit wear from Top Cat Sales. You must submit all orders by February 8, 2023.
You can also order school and district spirit wear from AKA Sports. If you have any specific questions about the apparel, please contact AKA Sports at (734) 728-1313.
You are responsible for all charges incurred.
Fire up your future with snacks, door prizes, family fun and more!
Join us on February 7, 2023 from 6-8pm for our OPEN HOUSE
- Explore high skill, high wage, high demand careers
- Tour our state-of-the-art facility
- Meet our industry experienced program instructors
- Participate in demonstrations and STEM activities
- Learn about our no-cost high school and college credit opportunities
As we approach winter break, many of you may feel the pressure of finals season. We want to remind you to take care of yourself as you study, finish projects, and prepare for winter break. [Continue Reading Full Article]
November has been a very exciting month for many of our students. Our Wayne Memorial High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team is in the National Preseason Top 40 for the first time. We are proud of all the hard work and energy put into the program.
Students from our elementary and middle schools had the opportunity to visit Michigan State University, where they toured the campus and got to watch a women's basketball game. Another group of middle school students visited Lawrence Technological University and participated in STEM day. HYPE Athletics made a $10,000 donation to our PBIS program, which provides students with positive behavior with a one-day pass to the facility. We continue to work with our community partners to offer our students the most hands-on and comprehensive opportunities.
- October was : Fire Prevention Month, Anti-Bullying Month, National Principal Month
- Thank you to Staff and Students
- $3.3M grant through the ECF used for LTE devices
- $850K grant for work based learning opportunities for high school students
- $500K SME grant for small manufacturing and engineering at our William D Ford Tech Center
- School based health clinic being completed in April at John Glenn High School
- $150 grant from University of Michigan Trails Program for Mental Health lessons and professional learning
- $30K from Deliotte and Amazon for K-8 STEM Kits
- $20K Michigan College Access Network for computers and smart board for College and Career Readiness rooms
Please see our latest 60 Seconds in Wayne-Westland with Dr. Dignan and Dr. Ofili.
- "Thank You" to the Detroit Red Wings
- College and Career Readiness Month
- Administrator Recognition Day (Friday, October 14, 2022)
- GEM Awards (Going the Extra Mile)