Welcome To Schweitzer Elementary
Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
We believe that...
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Learning is an active process.
- Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
- A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
- Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
- Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
School Supply List
School Supply List
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
First Weeks of School Handbook
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- A Leader in Me School
- Many Student Leadership Opportunities & Student Lighthouse Team
- Adopted by the Westland Rotary
- Positive Culture and Committed Staff
- Strong Family Support through our Schweitzer Worker Bee Association
- Bright Futures afterschool program
- Afterschool enrichment opportunities such as Drama, Archery, Basketball, Floor Hockey
- One of the top two highest usages for Compass Learning
- Reading Intervention Program
- Family Nights (Bingo for Books, Picnic, Science & Math Programs, Trunk or Treat, Holiday Night)
- Student learning data monitored and shared with families through Leadership Notebooks and Leadership Day
Schweitzer Latest News
Welcome back Wayne-Westland friends and family! We would like to invite everyone to share your First Day of School photos with us!
Students, Staff & Parents... help us celebrate your unique 2020 return to school experience. We look forward to seeing your creative first day photos!
Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may be sharing your photos on Facebook, Twitter and the District website.
The attached flyer contains all of the WWCS Food Distribution Dates and Times for all WWCS schools. Once distribution starts at your school, distribution will recur weekly on the same day of the week and time as listed on the flyer for your school until we resume in person learning.
Distance Learning Schedule : Early Start Elementary Schools (Elliott, Hoover, Roosevelt, Schweitzer)
For a complete list of all WWCS Distance Learning Schedules, please visit our Return to Learn updates page.
To our Wayne-Westland Community,
If you have questions about special education services during the District’s Distance Learning, please join us for one of our Special Education Community Meetings. Superintendent Dignan and our Special Education Department will share information and answered questions that have been submitted to email@example.com.
Meeting Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Wayne-Westland Community Schools has extended the deadline for families to enroll in Edgenuity's virtual learning platform. The revised deadline is now by 4 pm on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. Below is a chart that explains the differences between Virtual Learning and Distance Learning in Wayne-Westland.
On Monday, September 14, Wayne-Westland Community Schools buses equipped with wifi will be parked in areas around the district for students to access online learning. Students will NOT board the buses as the wifi signal on the buses will extend about 400 feet from the school bus. Here is the schedule with the times and locations.
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
Westland, MI 48186
Attendance Line: 734-419-2757
Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
AM Half Day: 8:30 am - 11:40 am
|‹ September 2020 ›|
PM K-5 Elementary PlanningDate: Oct 30Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Professional Development K-12Date: Nov 3Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
PM K-12 Professional DevelopmentDate: Nov 25Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
26 Novthru Nov 27
Thanksgiving RecessDate: Nov 26 - Nov 27Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
K-5 Elementary Conferences in the PMDate: Dec 8Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: