Welcome ToSchweitzer Elementary School
Transportation Bus Routes - Schweitzer
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
First Weeks of School Handbook
Code of Conduct
Elementary Points of Pride
Family Handbook 2017-18
Report Card Standards
School Improvement Plan
Annual Education Reports
School Supply List
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
We believe that...
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Learning is an active process.
- Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
- A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
- Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
- Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
Points of Pride
- A Leader in Me School
- Many Student Leadership Opportunities & Student Lighthouse Team
- Adopted by the Westland Rotary
- Positive Culture and Committed Staff
- Strong Family Support through our Schweitzer Worker Bee Association
- Bright Futures afterschool program
- Afterschool enrichment opportunities such as Drama, Archery, Basketball, Floor Hockey
- One of the top two highest usages for Compass Learning
- Reading Intervention Program
- Family Nights (Bingo for Books, Picnic, Science & Math Programs, Trunk or Treat, Holiday Night)
- Student learning data monitored and shared with families through Leadership Notebooks and Leadership Day
The Cost of Educating a Student
March 21, 22, and 23rd at 7pm
John Glenn Auditorium
$10 for students / $12 adults
This year's Coffee with the Superintendent will take place on April 11th, 2019 at 9am. Location will be at Schweitzer Elementary School (2601 Treadwell, Westland MI 48186)
April 25, 26, and 27th at 7pmStockmeyer Auditorium (Wayne Memorial High School)
Tickets are $12
Doors open 30 minutes before each show
Changes are coming to Wayne-Westland. We need your input on right-sizing the District.
ThoughtExchange is one way in which you can help provide feedback.
What factors should be considered when determining what school should be closed?
Participate now (no identifying information needed):
Also, please join us at one of the following community meetings:
- Tuesday, March 5 @ 3:45pm at Marshall Upper Elementary School library
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 3:15pm at Adams Upper Elementary School library
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 6pm at Franklin Middle School library
- Thursday, March 14 @ 7pm at Stevenson Middle School library
The Champions Program is a before and after school childcare program offered at all of the K-6 buildings in the Wayne-Westland Community School District. We provide structured childcare services before and after school, during school breaks, snow days and a summer camp program!
Champions before and aftercare makes the hours before and after school fun and engaging. Kids get everything they need to start the school day energized and end the school day, ready to go home for some quality family time! Our fun and varied program is made up of various hands-on activities that give your child the opportunity to continue learning before and after school.
And remember, our program is open to all families—even those who don’t attend Champions during the rest of the year. So tell a friend or family member. You can feel confident knowing Champions has been recognized as a high-quality provider by AdvancED, earning us corporation accreditation.
Schweitzer Latest News
The You Drive. Kids Thrive. program will support 5th graders going to camp and afterschool activities. North Brothers Ford will donate $200 to Wayne-Westland Community Schools when individuals buy or lease a new vehicle. Stop in and visit North Brothers Ford today! Please inform your salesman for this offer.
Schweitzer Elementary kindergarten students from Mrs. Bylo, Ms. McKolay and Mrs. VanHulle's classes performed a Holiday program for their families on Friday, December 14th at Stockmeyer Auditorium. The students performed and sang many classic holiday songs and the evening concluded with a fun family sing-a-long!
Attendance Line: 734-419-2757
Student Hours: Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
AM Half Day: 8:30 am -11:40 am
|‹ March 2019 ›|
Bingo for Books 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMBingo for BooksDate: Mar 21Time: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMCalendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Bring a stuffed animal to schoolDate: Mar 22Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School