Welcome To Schweitzer Elementary
Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
We believe that...
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Learning is an active process.
- Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
- A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
- Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
- Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
School Supply List
School Supply List
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
First Weeks of School Handbook
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- A Leader in Me School
- Many Student Leadership Opportunities & Student Lighthouse Team
- Adopted by the Westland Rotary
- Positive Culture and Committed Staff
- Strong Family Support through our Schweitzer Worker Bee Association
- Bright Futures afterschool program
- Afterschool enrichment opportunities such as Drama, Archery, Basketball, Floor Hockey
- One of the top two highest usages for Compass Learning
- Reading Intervention Program
- Family Nights (Bingo for Books, Picnic, Science & Math Programs, Trunk or Treat, Holiday Night)
- Student learning data monitored and shared with families through Leadership Notebooks and Leadership Day
Schweitzer Latest News
WWCS is providing access to FREE meals for children under the age of 18 and students up to age of 26 in the adult transition program. See Flyer.
Upcoming meal distribution dates:
Monday, April 6, 2020
See Flyer for more details.
Wayne-Westland Community Schools will be providing access to FREE breakfast and lunch for ALL students up to 18 years old and students age 18-26 in the adult transitional program. Families are welcome to pick up meals on
Monday, March 30, 2020 (5 day supply of breakfast and lunch)
10 am- 1 pm (or while supplies last)
John Glenn High School, 36105 Marquette, Westland
This is a drive-thru distribution. Students DO NOT need to be present for families to obtain meals.
NOTE: ALL TRAFFIC MUST ENTER MARQUETTE FROM WAYNE ROAD. NO ENTRANCE FROM NEWBURGH.
You will enter the driveway on the west end of the Board of Education office on Marquette. The main entrance at John Glenn High School will be closed. The line will wrap around behind the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center and up to the front entrance of John Glenn High School. Volunteers will bring the food to the vehicle. Meals distributed will follow USDA reimbursable meal guidelines.
LEARNING ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE
Wayne-Westland staff will also have packets of math activities for elementary, middle and high school students available to pick up during the food distribution. The packets will also be available on the District’s website.
We understand how challenging it may be to help your child continue learning at home. Below is a great resource that offers suggestions for top websites in all content areas that you can utilize.
In addition, please encourage your child to read daily! Ask him or her to tell you about what they read or have them write about it! This is an easy way to keep your child engaged in learning at home.
The Wayne-Westland Community Schools Board of Education has chosen the candidates they will interview for the position of Superintendent.
The Board of Education of Wayne-Westland Community Schools has selected two finalists to interview for the Superintendent position.
Westland, MI 48186
Attendance Line: 734-419-2757
Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
AM Half Day: 8:30 am - 11:40 am
|‹ April 2020 ›|
30 Marthru Apr 3
Book FairDate: Mar 30 - Apr 3Location: LibraryCalendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: