Welcome To Schweitzer Elementary
Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
We believe that...
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Learning is an active process.
- Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
- A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
- Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
- Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
School Supply List
School Supply List
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
First Weeks of School Handbook
Report Card Standards
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- A Leader in Me School
- Many Student Leadership Opportunities & Student Lighthouse Team
- Adopted by the Westland Rotary
- Positive Culture and Committed Staff
- Strong Family Support through our Schweitzer Worker Bee Association
- Bright Futures afterschool program
- Afterschool enrichment opportunities such as Drama, Archery, Basketball, Floor Hockey
- One of the top two highest usages for Compass Learning
- Reading Intervention Program
- Family Nights (Bingo for Books, Picnic, Science & Math Programs, Trunk or Treat, Holiday Night)
- Student learning data monitored and shared with families through Leadership Notebooks and Leadership Day
Schweitzer Latest News
Please Join Us! Parents, staff, community stakeholders are invited to attend.
Thursday January 16, 2020 at 6pm
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 6pm
Board of Education 36745 Marquette, Westland, MI 48185
The Wayne-Westland Community Schools Board of Education is searching for a new Superintendent of Schools. The Michigan Leadership Institute has been engaged with the Board to find the best possible candidate for the position. The Board is asking for community input to assist them in setting the criteria for the next Superintendent.
If you are not able to attend a meeting, you can still offer feedback via a survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/85CTDDF
Wayne-Westland Community Schools will offer district residents a Schools of Choice program for the 2020-2021 year for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. The Schools of Choice program provides parents the opportunity to move their child from one school to another within the boundaries of the school district PROVIDED there is room available in the school. Transportation to and from the school of choice must be provided by the parent or legal guardian.
Our student-run restaurant is open to the public and offers great lunch specials! Cafe Marquette is Open for Lunch, Wednesday - Friday from 11:30 am- 1:00 pm. Cafe Marquette is located inside the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center, 36455 Marquette, Westland.
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
Westland, MI 48186
Attendance Line: 734-419-2757
Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
AM Half Day: 8:30 am - 11:40 am
|‹ January 2020 ›|
Martin Luther King Day-No SchoolDate: Jan 20Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
28 Janthru Jan 31
5th Grade CampDate: Jan 28 - Jan 31Calendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Author of the Month 2:00 PM to 3:00 PMAuthor of the MonthDate: Jan 31Time: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PMLocation: LibraryCalendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Valentine's Skate Night 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMValentine's Skate NightDate: Feb 13Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMLocation: Skatin Station Canton, MICalendar: Schweitzer Elementary School
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: