Welcome To Schweitzer Elementary
We believe that...
All students can learn and succeed.
Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
Learning is an active process.
Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
Schweitzer Latest News
60 Seconds in Wayne-Westland with Daryl Beebe
- September is Suicide Prevention Month
- College FestiFall
Dear Wayne-Westland Students, Staff and Families,
Over the past few years, you may have seen messages in the front lobby of schools that reference the commitment of Wayne-Westland Community Schools to "the whole child."
At Wayne-Westland Community Schools, "the whole child" means;
- Care - A focus on the needs of the child in all areas.
- Membership - A sense of connection to our schools.
- Support - Advocacy for our students.
- Safety - Emotional and physical security for students.
Our School Apparel Store : Open for a LIMITED Time Until October 2, 2022
This year we partnered with Top Cat Sales to provide athletic and spirit wear apparel and merchandise for our students, staff, families and our community. Each school has its own page with school-specific logo merchandise. Stores are open for a limited time only and the deadline to order is October 2, 2022. Orders will be shipped about four weeks after the store closes. The next open window to purchase items through Top Cat Sales will be in November with delivery available before the holidays. Following windows will open on Feb. 1 and April 1.
This partnership also provides a fundraising opportunity for schools and groups as a portion of the proceeds from each purchase is donated back to the district. We hope you will join us in showing pride for our schools and district.
Please remember that we also have a community partnership with AKA Sports in Wayne, MI. They provide district apparel and merchandise via their online store. Orders can be placed anytime and picked up from their Wayne location.
Points of Pride
- A Leader in Me School
- Many Student Leadership Opportunities & Student Lighthouse Team
- Adopted by the Westland Rotary
- Positive Culture and Committed Staff
- Strong Family Support through our Schweitzer Worker Bee Association
- Bright Futures afterschool program
- Afterschool enrichment opportunities such as Drama, Archery, Basketball, Floor Hockey
- One of the top two highest usages for Compass Learning
- Reading Intervention Program
- Family Nights (Bingo for Books, Picnic, Science & Math Programs, Trunk or Treat, Holiday Night)
- Student learning data monitored and shared with families through Leadership Notebooks and Leadership Day
Westland, MI 48186
Attendance Line: 734-419-2757
Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
AM Half Day: 8:30 am - 11:40 am
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: