Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
Walker celebrated doing our personal best, active listening, truthfulness, trustworthiness, no putdowns and learning for all.
School Supply Lists
School Supply List
Kindergarten (Jakubowski, Kolbicz, Krafft )
1st Grade (DeRose, Valdahl)
1st Grade TAG (Krafft)
2nd Grade (Domagalski, Gantchar )
2nd Grade TAG (Kozaczynski )
3rd Grade (Cloke, Rachwitz )
3rd Grade TAG (Briese)
4th Grade TAG (Bidne)
4th Grade (Derkacz Smith)
5th Grade (Jastrzebski, Thomas)
5th Grade TAG (Hall)
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
First Weeks of School Handbook
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- TAG program
- Partnership with WMHS and our fundraiser Dolphin Dash (held at WMHS)
- NWEA spring growth
- K-Kids Service Learning
- Dedicated staff
- Twitter account #w_wdolphins and #goodnewscalloftheday
- Watch D.O.G.S
- Preschool Head Start Program
- Lifelong Guidelines and Lifeskills
- Partnership with Wayne State University's yearlong student teaching urban education program
Walker-Winter Latest News
- No Appointments Necessary Between 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. Wednesday through Saturday At Wayne County Community College District – Downriver Campus in Taylor
- The Wayne County Public Health Department will accept COVID-19 vaccination walk-up for county residents who are age 16 years or older at its vaccine clinic at Wayne County Community College District – Downriver Campus Wednesday, April 14 through Saturday, April 17.
- Pfizer vaccines are available in Taylor between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Vaccines are free. No appointment is necessary. Walk-ups must be Wayne County residents. Residents younger than 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to receive vaccination.
- Residents may still schedule a vaccination appointment with the Wayne County Public Health Department by calling toll-free 1-866-610-3885.
- For more information on COVID-19 vaccination locations visit www.waynecounty.com/covid19
- WHAT: Free Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine walk-up appointments
- WHEN: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (based on vaccine supply)
- WHERE: Wayne County Community College District – Downriver Campus
- Wednesday, April 14 – Saturday, April 17
- 2100 Northline Road, Taylor
- Free Parking
- Available via SMART Bus Route #160
- WHO: Wayne County residents age 16 or older
P-EBT provides supplemental food assistance benefits to students who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of the program is to make sure no child goes hungry by missing out on school meals.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and Michigan Department of Education (MDE) partnered during the 2019-2020 school year to provide these critical benefits to over 900,000 students. We are excited to be partnering again for the 2020-2021 school year to provide these benefits to students to help reduce food insecurity.
Links to more information:
Check out this virtual “Mindful Moment Room”, developed by the District's Mental Health Taskforce. It focuses on self-care and mindful resources and activities for students, staff and families. It was developed from similar rooms created by our staff for students. This Mindful Moment Room has information on Meditation, Yoga, relaxing music, photos and videos, recipes, and more.
Welcome back Wayne-Westland friends and family! We would like to invite everyone to share your First Day of School photos with us!
Students, Staff & Parents... help us celebrate your unique 2020 return to school experience. We look forward to seeing your creative first day photos!
Email your photos to email@example.com
We may be sharing your photos on Facebook, Twitter and the District website.
Distance Learning Schedule : Late Start Elementary Schools (Edison, Graham, Hamilton, Hicks, Taft, Walker-Winter, Wildwood)
For a complete list of all WWCS Distance Learning Schedules, please visit our Return to Learn updates page.
UPDATE: Change to WWCS Hotspots (formerly Bus Hotspots)
The Wayne-Westland Community Schools buses equipped with wifi have been replaced by wifi units located inside clubhouses, management offices and homes in the same areas as the buses were stationed.
Here is a list of current locations:
The Landings Apartments
Hickory Woods Apartments
Park Hills Apartments
Salvation Army (Westland)
Samaritas Family Shelter
Return to In-Person Safety Videos
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
39932 Michigan Ave.
Canton, MI 48188
Attendance Line: 734-419-2787
Full Day: 9:10 am - 4:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:10 am - 12:20 pm
|Previous April 2021 Next|
No School K-12 Professional DevelopmentDate: Apr 30Calendar: Walker-Winter Elementary
PM K-12 PlanningDate: May 28Calendar: Walker-Winter Elementary
Memorial Day RecessDate: May 31Calendar: Walker-Winter Elementary
PM K-12 Records DayDate: Jun 10Calendar: Walker-Winter Elementary
PM K-12 Records Day (Last day of school)Date: Jun 11Calendar: Walker-Winter Elementary
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: