Welcome ToTaft-Galloway Elementary School
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
The vision of Taft-Galloway Elementary is to create an engaging and safe school that inspires growth and learning for all
Taft-Galloway takes PRIDE in being:
Role models for others
Dedicated to learning
Points of Pride
- The tremendous growth in students who received small group RTI instruction in Reading
- Partnership with Wayne Youth Services, Safety Squad, Student-Led Bus Patrol,
- Reduction in office referrals and a significant increase in alternatives to suspension.
- "Girls on the Run (5k) and Community Impact Project
- Turkey Trot- collecting food for those in need and donating it to St. Mary's church.
- Angel Tree- buying Christmas gifts for needy families
- Student-led BROADCAST CREW giving Taft announcements every morning and facilitating "Brain Gym"
- TAPS Parent group is launching more parental involvement activities.
- Futures- Tutoring and Enrichment Activities / Multiple Teachers ran clubs
- Teachers are extremely hard working and educate with Strength, Honor Integrity and Perseverance.
The Cost of Educating a Student
October 1, 2019, is an Early Release Day.
All K-12 students will be released one hour early. Buses will run their normal routes just one hour earlier.
Early Release Times
2019-20 Bus Routes
2019-20 School Bus Routes are available on your MiStar ParentConnection Portal. Log into your student's account and click on Transportation.
Our Twitter Feed
Attendance Line: 734-419-2767
Student Hours: Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am -12:10 pm