Welcome To The World’s Greatest Elementary SchoolTaft-Galloway
The vision of Taft-Galloway Elementary is to create an engaging and safe school that inspires growth and learning for all
Taft-Galloway takes PRIDE in being:
Role models for others
Dedicated to learning
Taft-Galloway Latest News
Dear Wayne-Westland Students, Staff and Families,
November has been a very exciting month for many of our students. Our Wayne Memorial High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team is in the National Preseason Top 40 for the first time. We are proud of all the hard work and energy put into the program.
Students from our elementary and middle schools had the opportunity to visit Michigan State University, where they toured the campus and got to watch a women's basketball game. Another group of middle school students visited Lawrence Technological University and participated in STEM day. HYPE Athletics made a $10,000 donation to our PBIS program, which provides students with positive behavior with a one-day pass to the facility. We continue to work with our community partners to offer our students the most hands-on and comprehensive opportunities.
60 Seconds in Wayne-Westland with John Dignan
- October was : Fire Prevention Month, Anti-Bullying Month, National Principal Month
- Thank you to Staff and Students
- $3.3M grant through the ECF used for LTE devices
- $850K grant for work based learning opportunities for high school students
- $500K SME grant for small manufacturing and engineering at our William D Ford Tech Center
- School based health clinic being completed in April at John Glenn High School
- $150 grant from University of Michigan Trails Program for Mental Health lessons and professional learning
- $30K from Deliotte and Amazon for K-8 STEM Kits
- $20K Michigan College Access Network for computers and smart board for College and Career Readiness rooms
Points of Pride
- The tremendous growth in students who received small group RTI instruction in Reading
- Partnership with Wayne Youth Services, Safety Squad, Student-Led Bus Patrol,
- Reduction in office referrals and a significant increase in alternatives to suspension.
- "Girls on the Run (5k) and Community Impact Project
- Turkey Trot- collecting food for those in need and donating it to St. Mary's church.
- Angel Tree- buying Christmas gifts for needy families
- Student-led BROADCAST CREW giving Taft announcements every morning and facilitating "Brain Gym"
- TAPS Parent group is launching more parental involvement activities.
- Futures- Tutoring and Enrichment Activities / Multiple Teachers ran clubs
- Teachers are extremely hard working and educate with Strength, Honor Integrity and Perseverance.
Wayne, MI 48184
Attendance Line: 734-419-2767
Full Day: 9:10 am - 4:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:10 am - 12:20 pm
|Previous December 2022 Next|
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: