Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
The vision of Taft-Galloway Elementary is to create an engaging and safe school that inspires growth and learning for all
Taft-Galloway takes PRIDE in being:
Role models for others
Dedicated to learning
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
First Weeks of School Handbook
Report Card Standards
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- The tremendous growth in students who received small group RTI instruction in Reading
- Partnership with Wayne Youth Services, Safety Squad, Student-Led Bus Patrol,
- Reduction in office referrals and a significant increase in alternatives to suspension.
- "Girls on the Run (5k) and Community Impact Project
- Turkey Trot- collecting food for those in need and donating it to St. Mary's church.
- Angel Tree- buying Christmas gifts for needy families
- Student-led BROADCAST CREW giving Taft announcements every morning and facilitating "Brain Gym"
- TAPS Parent group is launching more parental involvement activities.
- Futures- Tutoring and Enrichment Activities / Multiple Teachers ran clubs
- Teachers are extremely hard working and educate with Strength, Honor Integrity and Perseverance.
Taft-Galloway Latest News
Please Join Us! Parents, staff, community stakeholders are invited to attend.
Thursday January 16, 2020 at 6pm
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 6pm
Board of Education 36745 Marquette, Westland, MI 48185
The Wayne-Westland Community Schools Board of Education is searching for a new Superintendent of Schools. The Michigan Leadership Institute has been engaged with the Board to find the best possible candidate for the position. The Board is asking for community input to assist them in setting the criteria for the next Superintendent.
If you are not able to attend a meeting, you can still offer feedback via a survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/85CTDDF
Wayne-Westland Community Schools will offer district residents a Schools of Choice program for the 2020-2021 year for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. The Schools of Choice program provides parents the opportunity to move their child from one school to another within the boundaries of the school district PROVIDED there is room available in the school. Transportation to and from the school of choice must be provided by the parent or legal guardian.
Our student-run restaurant is open to the public and offers great lunch specials! Cafe Marquette is Open for Lunch, Wednesday - Friday from 11:30 am- 1:00 pm. Cafe Marquette is located inside the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center, 36455 Marquette, Westland.
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
Wayne, MI 48184
Attendance Line: 734-419-2767
Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am - 12:10 pm
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: