Welcome ToTaft-Galloway Elementary School
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
The vision of Taft-Galloway Elementary is to create an engaging and safe school that inspires growth and learning for all
Taft-Galloway takes PRIDE in being:
Role models for others
Dedicated to learning
Points of Pride
- The tremendous growth in students who received small group RTI instruction in Reading
- Partnership with Wayne Youth Services, Safety Squad, Student-Led Bus Patrol,
- Reduction in office referrals and a significant increase in alternatives to suspension.
- "Girls on the Run (5k) and Community Impact Project
- Turkey Trot- collecting food for those in need and donating it to St. Mary's church.
- Angel Tree- buying Christmas gifts for needy families
- Student-led BROADCAST CREW giving Taft announcements every morning and facilitating "Brain Gym"
- TAPS Parent group is launching more parental involvement activities.
- Futures- Tutoring and Enrichment Activities / Multiple Teachers ran clubs
- Teachers are extremely hard working and educate with Strength, Honor Integrity and Perseverance.
The Cost of Educating a Student
Cafe Marquette will open on Tuesday, October 29, 2019. They will serve lunch from 11:30 am- 1:00 pm. Cafe Marquette is located inside the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center, 36455 Marquette, Westland. This student-run restaurant is open to the public and offers lunch specials.
2019-20 School Bus Routes are available on your MiStar ParentConnection Portal. Log into your student's account and click on Transportation.
Our Twitter Feed
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
Wayne, MI 48184
Attendance Line: 734-419-2767
Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am - 12:10 pm
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: