Welcome ToEdison Elementary
Students will be empowered to achieve their goals through lifelong learning and leading.
We believe that all students can learn in a safe, caring, responsible, positive, and respectful environment. We also believe that parent support at home with homework and practice is important to a child's school success and that teachers' utilization of research-based teaching practices will engage all students to achieve their personal best.
To empower students to be lifelong leaders and learners.
Edison Latest News
Dear Wayne-Westland Students, Staff and Families,
As we remember and reflect on the tragic events at Oxford High School last November, let us take a moment to offer our support to their entire community. On Nov. 30, 2021, devastation struck Oxford High School, shaking students, educators and parents in Michigan and across the nation. Please join me in remembering the students who lost their lives that day: Madisyn Baldwin, Tate Myre, Hana St. Juliana and Justin Shilling.
One year later, it is still difficult to comprehend this tragedy. We know there will be an increase in news coverage and social media postings this week regarding Oxford. Unfortunately, this tragedy is also a sobering reminder that terrible events can happen anywhere at any time.
Dear Wayne-Westland Students, Staff and Families,
November has been a very exciting month for many of our students. Our Wayne Memorial High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team is in the National Preseason Top 40 for the first time. We are proud of all the hard work and energy put into the program.
Students from our elementary and middle schools had the opportunity to visit Michigan State University, where they toured the campus and got to watch a women's basketball game. Another group of middle school students visited Lawrence Technological University and participated in STEM day. HYPE Athletics made a $10,000 donation to our PBIS program, which provides students with positive behavior with a one-day pass to the facility. We continue to work with our community partners to offer our students the most hands-on and comprehensive opportunities.
60 Seconds in Wayne-Westland with John Dignan
- October was : Fire Prevention Month, Anti-Bullying Month, National Principal Month
- Thank you to Staff and Students
- $3.3M grant through the ECF used for LTE devices
- $850K grant for work based learning opportunities for high school students
- $500K SME grant for small manufacturing and engineering at our William D Ford Tech Center
- School based health clinic being completed in April at John Glenn High School
- $150 grant from University of Michigan Trails Program for Mental Health lessons and professional learning
- $30K from Deliotte and Amazon for K-8 STEM Kits
- $20K Michigan College Access Network for computers and smart board for College and Career Readiness rooms
Points of Pride
- Students collected and sorted 1500 pounds of bottle caps thus earning the school 3 Buddy Benches for their playgrounds.
- Edison uses Class Dojo Schoolwide to record PBIS data and send out great information items and at have 95% of parents signed up and watching their kids learn.
- Students on the Stage - Edison students performed in WWCSD Children's Theatre Production of Aladdin and Wayne Memorial High School production of Seussical.
- Fully student-led news crew that records the daily announcements.
- Reduced Office Referral totals by half from in two years
- Community partnerships with Grace Worship Center, Community Financial, Aubrees, the Grangers, and the Masons among others.
- Active and supportive PTO
Westland, MI 48185
Attendance Line: 734-419-2606
Full Day: 9:10 am - 4:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:10 am - 12:20 pm
|Previous December 2022 Next|
Girls Basketball VS Roosevelt (Home) 9:00 AM to 10:00 AMGirls Basketball VS Roosevelt (Home)Date: Dec 3Time: 9:00 AM to 10:00 AMLocation: John Glenn High School, 36105 Marquette St, Westland, MI 48185, USACalendar: Edison ElementaryGym 5
Girls Basketball VS Hicks A (Home) 10:00 AM to 11:00 AMGirls Basketball VS Hicks A (Home)Date: Dec 10Time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AMLocation: John Glenn High School, 36105 Marquette St, Westland, MI 48185, USACalendar: Edison ElementaryGym 3
Girls Basketball VS Hicks B (Home) 10:00 AM to 11:00 AMGirls Basketball VS Hicks B (Home)Date: Dec 17Time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AMLocation: John Glenn High School, 36105 Marquette St, Westland, MI 48185, USACalendar: Edison ElementaryGym 3
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: