Welcome ToWildwood Elementary School
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
Learning and Leading for Life
As you enter Wildwood Elementary you become a member of our family. At Wildwood we share in each others accomplishments, failures, happiness and frustrations. We laugh together, lean together, love together, and live together.
The Wildwood family strives to maintain the values of honesty, responsibility, respect, hard work, and a sense of pride in a safe environment.
The Wildwood family will meet the high expectations of the 21st century by developing successful, life-long learners and productive members making a positive difference in the community.
The Wildwood think tank is a place where home and school relationships flourish. We welcome you to join us as we stay on the cutting edge of research and technology.
Wildwood envisions ourselves as a model school. As a family we are dedicated to learning at all levels. Every member feels valued and ideas are shared. At Wildwood we invite you to join our family and help make a difference. Learning for all whatever it takes!
Points of Pride
- Achieved school-wide NWEA reading goal!
- PTO purchased 30 Chromebook laptops for students. This allowed us to have 1 class set of laptops for every grade level.
- Our PTO sponsored Spring Carnival/Fundraiser was a huge community success. Community invested in our students and we raised $10,600.00.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) continue to volunteer to support our students and teachers all year long.
- Earned an award for being a green school by the city of Westland.
- Collected donations for 5 different charities by grade level over the holiday season for such charities as the Humane Society, Gleaners Food Bank, the Westland Library, and others!
- 100% of our teachers utilize Compass Learning Odyssey, a web-based learning tool that provides a personalized learning path for each student.
- Our student leadership team, the Wildwood Flashlight Team, records a Wolf Talk morning announcements news show that broadcasts every day for our entire school.
- Teachers invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
- We have Student of the Month assemblies
- Our teachers are invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
School Supply List
The Cost of Educating a Student
Attendance Line: 734-419-2799
Student Hours: Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am -12:10 pm
|‹ September 2018 ›|