Welcome ToWildwood Elementary
Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
Learning and Leading for Life
As you enter Wildwood Elementary you become a member of our family. At Wildwood we share in each others accomplishments, failures, happiness and frustrations. We laugh together, lean together, love together, and live together.
The Wildwood family strives to maintain the values of honesty, responsibility, respect, hard work, and a sense of pride in a safe environment.
The Wildwood family will meet the high expectations of the 21st century by developing successful, life-long learners and productive members making a positive difference in the community.
The Wildwood think tank is a place where home and school relationships flourish. We welcome you to join us as we stay on the cutting edge of research and technology.
Wildwood envisions ourselves as a model school. As a family we are dedicated to learning at all levels. Every member feels valued and ideas are shared. At Wildwood we invite you to join our family and help make a difference. Learning for all whatever it takes!
School Supply List
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
Meal Magic Family Portal
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- Achieved school-wide NWEA reading goal!
- PTO purchased 30 Chromebook laptops for students. This allowed us to have 1 class set of laptops for every grade level.
- Our PTO sponsored Spring Carnival/Fundraiser was a huge community success. Community invested in our students and we raised $10,600.00.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) continue to volunteer to support our students and teachers all year long.
- Earned an award for being a green school by the city of Westland.
- Collected donations for 5 different charities by grade level over the holiday season for such charities as the Humane Society, Gleaners Food Bank, the Westland Library, and others!
- 100% of our teachers utilize Compass Learning Odyssey, a web-based learning tool that provides a personalized learning path for each student.
- Our student leadership team, the Wildwood Flashlight Team, records a Wolf Talk morning announcements news show that broadcasts every day for our entire school.
- Teachers invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
- We have Student of the Month assemblies
- Our teachers are invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
Wildwood Latest News
Healthy Food to Fuel your Summer
Wayne-Westland Schools announces the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program for children.
BUSting with Learning
BUSting with Learning is back for the third year! This summer Wayne-Westland teachers and bus drivers will visit all elementary schools and surrounding neighborhoods with a bus full of books, learning activities and games! Don't miss out on the fun.
Pandemic EBT Card Information
Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) provides supplemental food assistance benefits to students who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Wayne-Westland Community School District families can visit Food Service page to learn if their child is eligible for P-EBT assistance for September 2021, October 2021, November 2021, or December 2021.
Week of May 1, 2022
Severe Weather Procedures
Severe weather is expected in our area later this week so we want to share the process and factors the District uses when determining a weather-related school closing. The decision to close school due to inclement weather is not an easy one. We know that it is best for students to be in class, but we can’t control the weather. Our priority is the safety of our students and staff.
More details about our Inclement Weather Procedures
500 N. Wildwood
Westland, MI 48185
Attendance Line: 734-419-2799
Full Day: 9:10 am - 4:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:10 am - 12:20 pm
|Previous June 2022 Next|
BUSting with Learning - Book Bus 10:00 AM to 12:00 PMBUSting with Learning - Book BusDate: Jul 12Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PMLocation: 500 N Wildwood St, Westland, MI 48185, USACalendar: Wildwood Elementary
BUSting with Learning - Book Bus 1:00 PM to 3:00 PMBUSting with Learning - Book BusDate: Jul 27Time: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PMCalendar: Wildwood Elementary
BUSting with Learning - Book Bus 10:00 AM to 12:00 PMBUSting with Learning - Book BusDate: Aug 16Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PMCalendar: Wildwood Elementary
Back to School Fair 12:00 PM to 4:00 PMBack to School FairDate: Aug 20Time: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PMLocation: John Glenn High School, 36105 Marquette St, Westland, MI 48185, USACalendar: Wildwood Elementaryhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1K2DdjOhzVa5blSvut0ERsKXQjS_uMQSW/view
Open House 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMOpen HouseDate: Aug 25Time: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMCalendar: Wildwood Elementary
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: