Welcome ToWildwood Elementary
Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
Learning and Leading for Life
As you enter Wildwood Elementary you become a member of our family. At Wildwood we share in each others accomplishments, failures, happiness and frustrations. We laugh together, lean together, love together, and live together.
The Wildwood family strives to maintain the values of honesty, responsibility, respect, hard work, and a sense of pride in a safe environment.
The Wildwood family will meet the high expectations of the 21st century by developing successful, life-long learners and productive members making a positive difference in the community.
The Wildwood think tank is a place where home and school relationships flourish. We welcome you to join us as we stay on the cutting edge of research and technology.
Wildwood envisions ourselves as a model school. As a family we are dedicated to learning at all levels. Every member feels valued and ideas are shared. At Wildwood we invite you to join our family and help make a difference. Learning for all whatever it takes!
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
First Weeks of School Handbook
Report Card Standards
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- Achieved school-wide NWEA reading goal!
- PTO purchased 30 Chromebook laptops for students. This allowed us to have 1 class set of laptops for every grade level.
- Our PTO sponsored Spring Carnival/Fundraiser was a huge community success. Community invested in our students and we raised $10,600.00.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) continue to volunteer to support our students and teachers all year long.
- Earned an award for being a green school by the city of Westland.
- Collected donations for 5 different charities by grade level over the holiday season for such charities as the Humane Society, Gleaners Food Bank, the Westland Library, and others!
- 100% of our teachers utilize Compass Learning Odyssey, a web-based learning tool that provides a personalized learning path for each student.
- Our student leadership team, the Wildwood Flashlight Team, records a Wolf Talk morning announcements news show that broadcasts every day for our entire school.
- Teachers invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
- We have Student of the Month assemblies
- Our teachers are invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
Wildwood Latest News
The Wayne-Westland Community Schools Board of Education has chosen the candidates they will interview for the position of Superintendent.
The Schools of Choice application window runs through March 2, 2020.
Wayne-Westland Community Schools will offer district residents a Schools of Choice program for the 2020-2021 year for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. The Schools of Choice program provides parents the opportunity to move their child from one school to another within the boundaries of the school district PROVIDED there is room available in the school. Transportation to and from the school of choice must be provided by the parent or legal guardian.
Schools of Choice Application Form
Schools of Choice Page
Welcome Class of 2033! Kindergarten Round-Up will be on March 12, 2020 at 1:00 pm at your local school. See our Kindergarten Round-Up page for more details.
Our student-run restaurant is open to the public and offers great lunch specials! Cafe Marquette is Open for Lunch, Wednesday - Friday from 11:30 am- 1:00 pm. Cafe Marquette is located inside the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center, 36455 Marquette, Westland.
Our Facebook Feed
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
500 N. Wildwood
Westland, MI 48185
Attendance Line: 734-419-2799
Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am - 12:10 pm
|‹ February 2020 ›|
Wear Stripes DayDate: Mar 2Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
2 Marthru Mar 6
Scholastic Book FairDate: Mar 2 - Mar 6Calendar: Wildwood ElementaryThis event has a Google Hangouts video call. Join: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wwcsd.net/swansonc?hceid=d3djc2QubmV0X2ZkN3Y3bDIwMTJlMzk3dnZyM2R2OXFmdTdvQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.5a80mp0p2n3fdd68mouf7o804q&hs=121
Elementary Early Release - 2:45pmDate: Mar 3Calendar: Wildwood ElementaryThis event has a Google Hangouts video call. Join: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wwcsd.net/swansonc?hceid=d3djc2QubmV0X2ZkN3Y3bDIwMTJlMzk3dnZyM2R2OXFmdTdvQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.2fd26pudn5lpdvjjbak3bhifcd&hs=121
Wear a shirt from a place youâ€™ve visitedDate: Mar 3Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
Wear a Mustache DayDate: Mar 4Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: