Welcome ToWildwood Elementary
Learning and Leading for Life
As you enter Wildwood Elementary you become a member of our family. At Wildwood we share in each others accomplishments, failures, happiness and frustrations. We laugh together, lean together, love together, and live together.
The Wildwood family strives to maintain the values of honesty, responsibility, respect, hard work, and a sense of pride in a safe environment.
The Wildwood family will meet the high expectations of the 21st century by developing successful, life-long learners and productive members making a positive difference in the community.
The Wildwood think tank is a place where home and school relationships flourish. We welcome you to join us as we stay on the cutting edge of research and technology.
Wildwood envisions ourselves as a model school. As a family we are dedicated to learning at all levels. Every member feels valued and ideas are shared. At Wildwood we invite you to join our family and help make a difference. Learning for all whatever it takes!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
- March 20 - College & Career Readiness (CCR) Spirit Week - Military Monday - wear camo, blue or green
- March 21 - CCR Spirit Week - Trades Tuesday - dress like your favorite trade/job
- March 21 - 9:30 -1:00 - 4th Grade field trip to the William Ford Career Tech Center
- March 21 - 4:00-5:15 - Healthy Kids Club
- March 22 - CCR Spirit Week - Tech Center Day - wear purple
- March 23 - CCR Spirit Week - Tycoon Day - dress for success
- March 24 - Spirit Day - Wear exercise clothes or pajamas
- March 24 - Schoolwide Read In
- March 27-30 - Spring Recess - no school
- April 3 - School resumes
- April 4 - 4:00-5:15 - Healthy Kids Club
- April 6 - Student Credit Union Deposit Day - AM
- April 6 - Spirit Day - Detroit Tiger's Day
- April 7 - No School
- April 10 - School resumes
- April 12 - 6:00-7:30 - Family Learning Night - Math Mania
- April 14 - Spirit Day - Twin Day
- April 15 - 12:40 Wildwood Wolves run the Martian Kids Marathon
Dear Wayne-Westland Students, Staff and Families,
Spring Recess is here! The district will be on Spring Recess from March 27- 31, 2023. School will resume on Monday, April 3, 2023.
I hope our students, staff and families enjoy this welcome pause as we prepare for a very busy end of the school year. Take some time to relax and enjoy yourself so you can return refreshed and ready to end the school year positively. Here are some brief reminders.
SEVENS Flag Football Registration Information
Games start mid-April through the end of May. Location will be at Wayne Memorial or John Glenn High School. Register at www.MichiganYouthFlagFootball.com
Play for FREE using discount code 92679. For more information call 248-454-9700.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE : Wayne-Westland Community Schools 2023 School Building And Site Bonds
Westland, Michigan - The Board of Education of Wayne-Westland Community Schools is proud to announce the successful sale of its 2023 School Building and Site Bonds (the Bonds) in the amount of $36,760,000 as authorized by the voters of the School District in November of 2018. The Bonds represent the third and final series of bonds pursuant to such voter authorization. The Bonds will be used for the purpose of remodeling, equipping, re-equipping, furnishing, re-furnishing school buildings, athletic fields and other facilities; acquiring and installing instructional technology equipment and infrastructure in school buildings and other facilities; construction of additions to existing school buildings and athletic field houses at both high school sites; preparing, developing and improving sites at school buildings, playgrounds, athletic fields and other facilities and the purchase of school buses, and paying the costs of issuing the Bonds.
Dear Wayne-Westland School Community,
This week, Wayne-Westland Community Schools staff supported each other and the students as we processed another senseless tragedy on the campus of our educational partner, Michigan State University. We then came together again after experiencing the loss of one of our students in a tragic accident. This loss has raised many emotions, concerns, and questions for our district.
Points of Pride
- Achieved school-wide NWEA reading goal!
- Our PTO sponsored Spring Carnival/Fundraiser was a huge community success. Community invested in our students and we raised $10,600.00.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) continue to volunteer to support our students and teachers all year long.
- 100% of our teachers utilize Compass Learning Odyssey, a web-based learning tool that provides a personalized learning path for each student.
- Teachers invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
- We have Student of the Month assemblies
- Our teachers are invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
- Students collected and sorted 1,600 pounds of caps for the city of Westland that will be used to create 8 six foot benches for the city parks.
- 4th and 5th grade students participate in Intramural Football, Cheerleading, Basketball, and Soccer during the year.
- Partners with multiple community organizations to promote literacy with family reading nights, philanthropy with supporting families with
- Thanksgiving and holiday help, and building a wider sense of community.
500 N. Wildwood
Westland, MI 48185
Attendance Line: 734-419-2799
Full Day: 9:10 am - 4:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:10 am - 12:20 pm
|Previous April 2023 Next|
CFCU Student Run Credit Union Deposit DayDate: Apr 6Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
Spirit Day - Detroit Tiger's DayDate: Apr 6Calendar: Wildwood ElementaryWear your Tiger's shirt, blue or orange and cheer on the Tiger's for their Opening Day at Comerica Park
No SchoolDate: Apr 7Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
Autism Acceptance Spirit Week - Magnificent Mind MondayDate: Apr 10Calendar: Wildwood ElementaryCelebrate how wonderful it is that all of our minds work in unique and amazing ways by wearing your favorite hat!
5th Grade M-Step - ELA testing dayDate: Apr 11Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: