Welcome ToWildwood Elementary School
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
Learning and Leading for Life
As you enter Wildwood Elementary you become a member of our family. At Wildwood we share in each others accomplishments, failures, happiness and frustrations. We laugh together, lean together, love together, and live together.
The Wildwood family strives to maintain the values of honesty, responsibility, respect, hard work, and a sense of pride in a safe environment.
The Wildwood family will meet the high expectations of the 21st century by developing successful, life-long learners and productive members making a positive difference in the community.
The Wildwood think tank is a place where home and school relationships flourish. We welcome you to join us as we stay on the cutting edge of research and technology.
Wildwood envisions ourselves as a model school. As a family we are dedicated to learning at all levels. Every member feels valued and ideas are shared. At Wildwood we invite you to join our family and help make a difference. Learning for all whatever it takes!
Points of Pride
- Achieved school-wide NWEA reading goal!
- PTO purchased 30 Chromebook laptops for students. This allowed us to have 1 class set of laptops for every grade level.
- Our PTO sponsored Spring Carnival/Fundraiser was a huge community success. Community invested in our students and we raised $10,600.00.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) continue to volunteer to support our students and teachers all year long.
- Earned an award for being a green school by the city of Westland.
- Collected donations for 5 different charities by grade level over the holiday season for such charities as the Humane Society, Gleaners Food Bank, the Westland Library, and others!
- 100% of our teachers utilize Compass Learning Odyssey, a web-based learning tool that provides a personalized learning path for each student.
- Our student leadership team, the Wildwood Flashlight Team, records a Wolf Talk morning announcements news show that broadcasts every day for our entire school.
- Teachers invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
- We have Student of the Month assemblies
- Our teachers are invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
School Supply List
The Cost of Educating a Student
Cafe Marquette will open on Tuesday, October 29, 2019. They will serve lunch from 11:30 am- 1:00 pm. Cafe Marquette is located inside the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center, 36455 Marquette, Westland. This student-run restaurant is open to the public and offers lunch specials.
2019-20 School Bus Routes are available on your MiStar ParentConnection Portal. Log into your student's account and click on Transportation.
Our Facebook Feed
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
500 N. Wildwood
Westland, MI 48185
Attendance Line: 734-419-2799
Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am - 12:10 pm
|‹ November 2019 ›|
Michigan vs Michigan State DayDate: Nov 15Calendar: Wildwood ElementaryWear your Maize & Blue or your Green and White to show your spirit for this great state rivalry. This event has a Google Hangouts video call. Join: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wwcsd.net/michigan-vs?hceid=d3djc2QubmV0X2ZkN3Y3bDIwMTJlMzk3dnZyM2R2OXFmdTdvQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.427s5tph9ep14am8don9k6p150&hs=121
Student Run Credit Union Deposit DayDate: Nov 21Calendar: Wildwood ElementaryThis event has a Google Hangouts video call. Join: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wwcsd.net/swansonc?hceid=d3djc2QubmV0X2ZkN3Y3bDIwMTJlMzk3dnZyM2R2OXFmdTdvQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.47vfqok6qm71k2rgf4vbjcugp7&hs=121
Reading Night w/ Warren Road Church 6:00 PM to 7:30 PMReading Night w/ Warren Road ChurchDate: Nov 21Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PMCalendar: Wildwood ElementaryThis event has a Google Hangouts video call. Join: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wwcsd.net/reading-night?hceid=d3djc2QubmV0X2ZkN3Y3bDIwMTJlMzk3dnZyM2R2OXFmdTdvQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.fsulhho9vrb00mjrfoqucjsfus&hs=121
1/2 Day - Dismisall 12:10pmDate: Nov 27Calendar: Wildwood ElementaryThis event has a Google Hangouts video call. Join: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wwcsd.net/gawnej?hceid=d3djc2QubmV0X2ZkN3Y3bDIwMTJlMzk3dnZyM2R2OXFmdTdvQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.4omd2j7gor3miihb5qpquutcb0&hs=121
No SchoolDate: Nov 28Calendar: Wildwood ElementaryThis event has a Google Hangouts video call. Join: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wwcsd.net/gawnej?hceid=d3djc2QubmV0X2ZkN3Y3bDIwMTJlMzk3dnZyM2R2OXFmdTdvQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.4kqtegjnc2emed02ou9kggqdmi&hs=121
Spirit of Alexandria Foundation Connection Children to Nature
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: