Welcome ToWildwood Elementary
Learning and Leading for Life
As you enter Wildwood Elementary you become a member of our family. At Wildwood we share in each others accomplishments, failures, happiness and frustrations. We laugh together, lean together, love together, and live together.
The Wildwood family strives to maintain the values of honesty, responsibility, respect, hard work, and a sense of pride in a safe environment.
The Wildwood family will meet the high expectations of the 21st century by developing successful, life-long learners and productive members making a positive difference in the community.
The Wildwood think tank is a place where home and school relationships flourish. We welcome you to join us as we stay on the cutting edge of research and technology.
Wildwood envisions ourselves as a model school. As a family we are dedicated to learning at all levels. Every member feels valued and ideas are shared. At Wildwood we invite you to join our family and help make a difference. Learning for all whatever it takes!
Wildwood Latest News
Dear Wayne-Westland Families,
On November 20, 2022, the Westland Police Department and Wayne-Westland Community Schools learned of a social media threat against John Glenn High School. As a safety precaution, John Glenn High School closed on November 21, 2022, and transitioned to virtual learning on November 22, 2022. The Westland Police arrested a 14-year-old Inkster resident, a current 9th-grade student at John Glenn High School. The 14-year-old is currently in custody at the Wayne County Juvenile Detention Center, awaiting arraignment on criminal charges.
School will be in session on Wednesday, November 23, 2022. Students will report to school in the morning for an already scheduled half day. Students will be dismissed at 10:20 am.
Stuff a Bus : with new toys and clothes for students in need
Our Stuff a Bus event is sponsored by Wayne-Westland Community Schools Transportation Department.
LOCATION, DATE and TIME:
Walmart Parking Lot
at Michigan Avenue and Canton Center
November 25 & 26, 2022
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Dear Wayne-Westland Families,
Social Media Safety Reminders
Last night the district was alerted to a threat on social media involving John Glenn High School. We immediately contacted the Westland Police Department and the threat is still under full investigation by law enforcement as they work to identify and prosecute those responsible for the post and those responsible for sharing it. We will pursue prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
Points of Pride
- Achieved school-wide NWEA reading goal!
- Our PTO sponsored Spring Carnival/Fundraiser was a huge community success. Community invested in our students and we raised $10,600.00.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) continue to volunteer to support our students and teachers all year long.
- 100% of our teachers utilize Compass Learning Odyssey, a web-based learning tool that provides a personalized learning path for each student.
- Teachers invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
- We have Student of the Month assemblies
- Our teachers are invested in differentiating instruction through the use of new and innovative programs such as Literacy Footprints.
- Students collected and sorted 1,600 pounds of caps for the city of Westland that will be used to create 8 six foot benches for the city parks.
- 4th and 5th grade students participate in Intramural Football, Cheerleading, Basketball, and Soccer during the year.
- Partners with multiple community organizations to promote literacy with family reading nights, philanthropy with supporting families with
- Thanksgiving and holiday help, and building a wider sense of community.
500 N. Wildwood
Westland, MI 48185
Attendance Line: 734-419-2799
Full Day: 9:10 am - 4:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:10 am - 12:20 pm
|Previous November 2022 Next|
Spirit Day - Disney/Favorite CharacterDate: Dec 2Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
4th/5th Grade Girls Red Team vs. Hicks 2 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM4th/5th Grade Girls Red Team vs. Hicks 2Date: Dec 3Time: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PMLocation: John Glenn High School Gym 1Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
4th/5th Grade Girls White Team vs. Hicks 2 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM4th/5th Grade Girls White Team vs. Hicks 2Date: Dec 3Time: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PMLocation: John Glenn High School Gym 3Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
5 Decemberthru December 9
Holiday Shoppe in LibraryDate: Dec 5 - Dec 9Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
1/2 Day Students; PM ConferencesDate: Dec 6Calendar: Wildwood Elementary
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: