Welcome ToHamilton Elementary
Ready to Enroll?
Visit our Enroll Today page now for information on the Enrollment Process, What Schools your Child/ren will attend, What to Bring, as well as other important information and enrollment Quick Links.
Choose to be the STAR you are!
Welcome to Hamilton where we stand for success! We believe in engaging students in opportunities that will build their future, inspire life long learning, and develop a community of leaders by providing solid curriculum and a safe and nurturing environment.
School Supply List
School Supply List
Important Forms, Documents & Links
WWCS Forms, Documents & Links
Bus Transportation Routes - MISTAR
Bus Transportation Forms & Information
Champions Before & After School
Elementary Points of Pride
First Weeks of School Handbook
Meal Magic Family Portal
Update Registration for Current Students
Volunteer Information & ICHAT Form
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- Hamilton hosts the YMP program with our 2nd-grade team
- Girls on Run team raised $426 to donate to the Michigan Humane Society
- Student council Flashlight Team leads community service projects to improve the school and community in positive ways.
- Hamilton uses Class Dojo school-wide
- All Hamilton teachers and staff participate and support school-wide PBIS
- Hamilton celebrates students positive behavior and teaches targeted behavior skills with whole school monthly PBIS assemblies.
- 81 Hamilton 4th graders participate in the Service and Safety Squad.
Hamilton Latest News
Bus Route Cancellations for Week of January 24, 2022
In an effort to give families time to find alternate transportation, our Transportation has shared the following bus routes will be canceled next week. This includes morning and afternoon routes. We apologize for the inconvenience.
|Rt 1||Rt 12||Rt 15||Rt 17|
|Rt 2||Rt 8||Rt 11||Rt 23|
|Rt 4||Rt 9||Rt 18||Rt 22|
|Rt 3||Rt 7||Rt 16||Rt 19|
|Rt 5||Rt 6||Rt 13||Rt 21|
Good morning Students, Staff and Families,
This is a reminder that the District will resume in-person learning on Tuesday, January 18, 2022, for all PreK-12 grade students.
Here is the schedule for the upcoming week.
- January 17 : No School - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 18 : Full day of In-person learning for all K-12 grade students
- January 19-21 : Full day of in-person instruction for elementary students
- January 19 : Full day of in-person instruction for middle school students
- January 19 : ½ day of instruction for high school students. Final exams
- January 20 : ½ day of instruction for middle and high school students. Final exams
- January 21 : ½ day of instruction for middle and high school students. Final exams.
- January 24 : Second semester begins
WWCS Announces Partnership With Care Solace
Wayne-Westland Community Schools has selected Care Solace, an organization determined to calm the chaos of mental health care coordination, to expand access to community mental health and substance use treatment providers for students, staff, and their families. Care Solace provides a Care Companion™ team who can quickly and confidentially find available providers in the community. Care Solace also equips school systems with a customized online tool that gives community members a way to anonymously search for community-based providers matched to their needs.
We will be sending further information sonn on how WWCS Families and Staff can benefit from Care Solace.
Letter to WWCS Community
Dear Wayne-Westland Families,
While students will be learning remotely next week, we will have food distribution days to provide all Wayne-Westland PreK-12 grade students with five days of breakfast and lunch.
Curbside Food Distribution Schedule
Tuesday, January 11th from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Wayne Memorial High School, 3001 Fourth Street, Wayne, MI 48184
Wednesday, January 12th from 6:00 am - 11:00 am
John Glenn High School, 36105 Marquette, Westland, MI 48185
Thursday, January 13th from 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Roosevelt-McGrath Elementary School, 36075 Currier, Wayne, MI 48184
COVID-19 Testing for students and staff
Wayne-Westland Community Schools has nurses assigned to each school in the District. Next week, nurses will be on-site to administer Rapid COVID-19 Antigen tests to District staff, students, and families. Parents or guardians can contact the nurse at your child's school and set up a drive-thru appointment. The test results will take 15-20 minutes.
Sports and extracurricular events
The winter sports season will begin on January 18, 2022. There will be no sports practices, afterschool clubs, or extracurricular activities the week of January 10, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact your child's school. Have a wonderful weekend.
John Dignan, Ed.D.
Letter to WWCS Students and Families
Dear Wayne-Westland Families,
We believe that in-person instruction is most effective for our students. However, given certain mitigating factors such as staff shortages, the inability to offer transportation to a large portion of our students, and overall student absentee rates, we decided to transition to remote learning for the week of January 10, 2022, for all PreK-12 grade students.
We have moved middle and high school final exam week to the week of January 18, 2022.
- January 10-14, 2022 : All PreK-12 grade students remote instruction
- January 12-14, 2022 : Full day of remote instruction for grades 6-12
- January 14, 2022 : ½ day of instruction for elementary students
- January 17, 2022 : No School - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 18, 2022 : In-person learning resumes for all PreK-12 grade students
- January 19-21, 2022 : Full day of in-person instruction for elementary students
- January 19, 2022 : ½ day of instruction for high school students Final exams
- January 20, 2022 : ½ day of instruction for middle and high school students Final exams
- January 21, 2022 : ½ day of instruction for middle and high school students Final exams. Full day of instruction for K-5.
As required by the Michigan Department of Education, school districts must have a 75 percent daily pupil attendance threshold to be counted as a day of instruction.
By offering remote learning, it gives students who are in quarantine or without transportation the opportunity to log into their classes to continue to receive instruction from their teachers. Students will follow their regular school schedule.
Your child’s principal and teacher/s will share more information about Chromebook distribution, class schedules and logging into their virtual classrooms. All buildings will remain open. Please contact your school office if you have any questions.
The Champions Before and After School program will still operate each day next week but will be located at Stevenson Middle School, 38501 Palmer, Westland 48185, for students currently enrolled in the program. Students who are not enrolled, placement will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information, please call 734-294-1222.
The high school athletic events will run as scheduled and information about food distribution times and locations will be sent out this weekend.
Thank you for your continued support and patience.
John Dignan, Ed.D
Visit Our OK2SAY Page
Westland, MI 48186
Attendance Line: 734-419-2656
Full Day: 9:10 am - 4:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:10 am - 12:20 pm
Website Accessibility Policy
Wayne-Westland Community Schools (“District”) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. All pages on the District’s website will conform to the W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents of those guidelines. The District will continue to test future releases/updates of its website and remains committed to maintaining its compliance and serving the widest possible audience. To this end, the District will perform periodic accessibility audits of its website.
Please report any concerns on the Accessibility Concerns page.
Web Accessibility Coordinator: