Care Solace Article: Finals Season
A Message for Students: As we approach winter break, many of you may feel the pressure of finals season. We want to remind you to take care of yourself as you study, finish projects, and prepare for winter break.
Here are helpful tips to protect your well-being during finals season:
- Set realistic daily goals. Create a daily to-do list to stay on track with your schedule.
- Keep up with healthy habits. Eat three meals, get plenty of sleep, and include physical activity into your daily routine.
- Make time for yourself every day. Take a walk, call a friend, or enjoy your favorite drink at your local coffee shop to slow down and catch your breath, even if it’s just 15 minutes.
- Be mindful of your schedule. Plan ahead and learn to say “no” to activities if you feel overwhelmed.
- Reach out for help. Acknowledge your feelings and talk to a professional when needed.
Whatever you are managing, we want you to know you are not alone.
To find a mental health care provider, use Care Solace, a complimentary and confidential care coordination service provided by Wayne-Westland Community School District:
- Call 888-515-0595. Multilingual support is available 24/7/365.
- Visit www.caresolace.com/wwcsd and either search on your own or click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
For emergency mental health support:
- Call 911 or and request a Crisis Intervention Trained (C.I.T.) response or go to the closest emergency room for support
- Text “Hello” or “Home” to 741741 to talk to a crisis counselor
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988 or online chat here: suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Trevor Lifeline LGBTQQ+ Crisis Support: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help/
Finding time for yourself and your well-being is essential, especially during high-stress times. We are always here to support you and wish you the best of luck with finals!