Schweitzer Latest News
- Please join us on Wednesday, 2/8 at 4:00 PM for our SWBA (Schweitzer Worker Bee Association) February meeting!
- We need assistance planning for our February and March events.
- Please join us on Wednesday, 2/1 at 4:00 PM for our SWBA (Schweitzer Worker Bee Association) February meeting! We need assistance planning for our February and March events.
- SWBA will be announcing the individual winner of our Principal of the Day raffle and the winning class early this week! We'll post the results on Class DOJO and announce to the school.
5th GRADE CAMP FUNDRAISER HAT DAY FRIDAY!
We're still raising funds to lower costs for our 5th graders to attend camp in March. All students can wear a hat to school on Friday, 1/27 for a $1.00.
We missed out on our Pajama Day before Winter Break so this upcoming Friday, 1/20 will be another fun Pajama Day at Schweitzer! All students and staff can wear pajamas and slippers. Make sure your child is dressed warm for the cold weather though!
November has been a very exciting month for many of our students. Our Wayne Memorial High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team is in the National Preseason Top 40 for the first time. We are proud of all the hard work and energy put into the program.
Students from our elementary and middle schools had the opportunity to visit Michigan State University, where they toured the campus and got to watch a women's basketball game. Another group of middle school students visited Lawrence Technological University and participated in STEM day. HYPE Athletics made a $10,000 donation to our PBIS program, which provides students with positive behavior with a one-day pass to the facility. We continue to work with our community partners to offer our students the most hands-on and comprehensive opportunities.
- October was : Fire Prevention Month, Anti-Bullying Month, National Principal Month
- Thank you to Staff and Students
- $3.3M grant through the ECF used for LTE devices
- $850K grant for work based learning opportunities for high school students
- $500K SME grant for small manufacturing and engineering at our William D Ford Tech Center
- School based health clinic being completed in April at John Glenn High School
- $150 grant from University of Michigan Trails Program for Mental Health lessons and professional learning
- $30K from Deliotte and Amazon for K-8 STEM Kits
- $20K Michigan College Access Network for computers and smart board for College and Career Readiness rooms
Please take a few minutes to fill out a Household Information Report. It's more than a meal application. Please contact your student's Main Office of you have any questions or need a form.
[See Read Full Article for complete list.]
Good evening Wayne-Westland families,
As you enjoy your last summer weekend before our students begin the new school year, I hope you and your children are filled with anticipation and excitement. Back to school represents a great tradition in Wayne-Westland. It also represents an opportunity for a fresh start.
[Click Read Full Article below for full letter.]
We are kicking off the new year with a welcome back to school message from Superintendent John Dignan.