Welcome to Wayne-Westland Community Schools! We are excited you are considering Wayne-Westland Community Schools for the future of your child’s educational career.
In-District School of Choice
The 2024-2025 In-District School of Choice window is January 23, 2024 through March 1, 2024, for current students residing within the Wayne-Westland Community Schools boundaries wanting to attend a different home school.
In-District School of Choice Application (link will open on January 23, 2024 at 7:30 a.m. and will close on March 1, 2024 at 4 p.m.)
If your child is currently approved for School of Choice, you do not need to apply. This only applies if the current School of Choice student is moving to a different building.
NOTICE: The Intra-County School of Choice window for the 2024-2025 school year will open on March 11, 2024, for kindergarten through 12th grade students who do not reside within the Wayne-Westland Community Schools boundaries pursuant to Section 105c of the State Aid Act.*
*Section 105c schools of choice programs provide students with the option to enroll in a school district that is within another intermediate school district but shares a boundary line with their intermediate school district.
District Enrollment Process
District Enrollment Process
Please visit the new student registration portal and upload your supporting documents, listed below.
To register your child for school, you must provide the following:
- Original Birth Certificate (with raised seal)
A hospital record of birth will NOT be accepted. Parent(s) name(s) MUST be on the birth certificate. ONLY a parent named on the Birth Certificate or legal guardian (with proper Michigan Probate Court paperwork) may register a student.
- THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE WILL NEED TO BE PROVIDED TO THE SCHOOL FOR VERIFICATION ONCE THEY ARE OPEN.
- Child's Current Immunization Record
All shots must be up to date in order for a student to begin attending school.
- Completed Health Appraisal Form
Applies to kindergartners, seventh graders, ninth graders, and anyone new to the district a physical is recommended before entering school. This form may be picked up from any of our schools and in the Instruction Office in the Administration Building.
- A copy of the student’s last report card must be provided for incoming sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth graders, and a copy of the student’s transcript(s) must be provided for incoming tenth, eleventh, and twelfth graders.
- A valid Michigan Driver's License or State of Michigan ID
- Proof of Residency (Three forms of proof required)
One must be a current mortgage/lease agreement or property tax statement or a Residency Affidavit if living with someone and do not have a mortgage or lease agreement in your name. The individual with whom you are living with must sign a “Support of Residency Consent Agreement” at your school of residence and provide similar proofs of residency.
- Two Pieces of Business Mail
In addition, any two pieces of business mail with the correct name and address, such as the examples below:
- Cellular statement
- Current bank statement
- Current charge card statement
- Current utility bills
- Current health insurance document
- Current auto insurance document
- Current IRS Information
- Current Employment record
- Current DSS document
- Current Court Document
- Moving company statement
Examples of Business Mail for applicants with a Residency Affidavit
- MI Driver's License/State ID
- Any two pieces of business mail within 30 days of registration
- Owner / Mortgage holder / Lease holder
- MI Driver's License/State ID
- Mortgage Coupon/Property Tax Statement/Warranty Deed
- Original Lease
- Two pieces of business mail as listed above
Please note: All business mail must be current within the last 30 days of the registration date. Voter Registration Cards do not count as business mail.
- If your child has an IEP please bring it with you.
- High school students transferring from another high school will need to bring a withdrawal form from the previous school as well as an unofficial transcript. This does not apply to students entering 9th grade.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your student.
Kindergarten Enrollment Process
New student enrollment takes place on our new student registration portal. If you need access to a computer you can visit the school your child will attend in the fall, or visit the Wayne-Westland Community Schools Educational Complex, 36745 Marquette Street, Westland, MI 48185, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Kindergarten Age Requirements - students must be 5 years old by September 1, 2023. According to Michigan Law, if a child residing in Wayne-Westland Community School District is not five years of age on September 1, 2023, but will be five years of age no later than December 1, 2023, the parent or legal guardian of that child may enroll the child in kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year if the parent or legal guardian notifies the school district in writing that he or she intends to enroll the child in kindergarten by October 4, 2023.
Required Kindergarten Enrollment Documents:
A. Proof of Residency of Student
- Valid Michigan driver's license or State of Michigan ID
- House Closing Papers or Mortgage Documents
- Apartment or House Rental Lease
Two (2) Pieces of Business Mail (within 30 days)
B. Supporting Documents
- Original Birth Certificate
- Health Appraisal (complete by a physician)
- Immunization Records (up to date)
- Court Ordered Guardianship Documents (if applicable)
- Current IEP/MET (for students receiving special education services)
Wayne-Westland Virtual Academy and Credit Recovery Enrollment
Wayne-Westland Virtual Academy and Credit Recovery
As education evolves, Wayne-Westland Community Schools is committed to providing a variety of options better to suit the needs of students and families. Therefore, in addition to the traditional in-person learning, we offer the following educational pathways with an opportunity to participate in athletics and school activities.
Learn More on our Wayne-Westland Virtual Academy and Credit Recovery page.
What School Will My Child Attend?
What Schools Will My Child Attend?
To see which school your child will attend please visit the Locate My School page and enter your address in the form field.
School of Choice Program
Wayne-Westland Community Schools offer district residents a Schools of Choice program for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. The Schools of Choice program provides parents the opportunity to move their child from one school to another within the boundaries of the school district PROVIDED there is room available in the school.
Transportation to and from the school of choice must be provided by the parent or legal guardian. School district residents who would like their child to attend an elementary, upper elementary, middle or high school other than their school of residency must submit a Schools of Choice application.
Please visit our Schools of Choice page for more information.
Have specific questions or need help?
Please call the Curriculum, Instruction & Assessments Department at 734-419-2083.
Curriculum, Instruction & Assessments
Westland, MI 48185
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm