Dear Wayne-Westland Students, Staff and Families,
November has been a very exciting month for many of our students. Our Wayne Memorial High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team is in the National Preseason Top 40 for the first time. We are proud of all the hard work and energy put into the program.
Students from our elementary and middle schools had the opportunity to visit Michigan State University, where they toured the campus and got to watch a women's basketball game. Another group of middle school students visited Lawrence Technological University and participated in STEM day. HYPE Athletics made a $10,000 donation to our PBIS program, which provides students with positive behavior with a one-day pass to the facility. We continue to work with our community partners to offer our students the most hands-on and comprehensive opportunities.
All K-12 grade students will have a half day of school on Wednesday, November 23, 2022. There will be no school on November 24-25. School will resume on Monday, November 28, 2022.
- 2022-23 District Calendar
- District Handbook and Code of Conduct
- School breakfast and lunch menus
- Family Resource Center
- Parent Resources
- November 23 : Half day (K-12 grades)
- November 24-25 : No school (Thanksgiving recess)
- December 5-9 : Elementary conference week
- December 6 : Half day (elementary school students only)
- December 8 : Half day (elementary school students only)
- Dec. 26- Jan. 6 : No school (winter recess)
On behalf of the Wayne-Westland Community Schools, I wish you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for your commitment to our schools and for serving as a partner in your child's education. Have a wonderful week.
John Dignan, Ed.D.