Welcome ToTinkham Educational Center
Registration dates and process for Fall students
When? Tuesday and Wednesday, August 20th and 21st from 9am-2pm.
Where? Meet us here at Tinkham (3001 Fourth Street, Wayne MI)
Space is limited, so be sure to get here early. Bring the following information with you for quicker service:
- ID, birth certificate
- Current transcript(s)
- 3 pieces of proof of residency.
Read our testimonials!
"Tinkham helped me out when I felt I had nothing else to turn to, I was ready to flunk out of high school, then I got referred to Tinkham, I got there and felt I was actually cared for by the faculty, they did the most they could to help me succeed."
"They help you become the best person you can be."
"Tinkham has helped me get somewhere that I never expected to be, graduating. Every teacher here is nothing but friendly and want the best for you. I can't express how greatfull I am to have attended. "
"I’ve attended Tinkham for nearly 3 years. I’ve gotten more done there than I have online or any other school. I didn’t think I’d ever graduate but with everything Tinkham did for me and the quarters, here I am graduating!"
"Tinkham is a wonderful school and I’d recommend anyone to attend."
"The kindness and willingness to help students and want them to go somewhere in life."
"The staff tries their best with every student."
Points of Pride
Points of Pride
- 85 graduates for the 2017-18 school year, compared to 46 in 2016-17, 10 in 2015-16, and 6 in 2014-15.
- 88% of the school population feel supported by staff, compared to 44% in recent years, found through our school perception data survey
- Over 90% of our student population passes at least one of their classes, compared to 71% of our students in 2015-16
- We have almost tripled the percentage of students who pass all of their classes from two years ago.
- 88% of our potential graduates this year graduated on time
- 3 teachers (almost half of my teachers) on staff have been teaching for over 20 years
- The newly developed COST (Coordination Of Services Team) program has almost 40 community members on it!
- Program enrollment has tripled over the past four years and each year we have a waiting list
- Our e2020 (online) pass rate has increased from 26% three years ago to now 65%
Cost of Educating a Student
Tinkham Upcoming Events - Archives
March 21, 22, and 23rd at 7pm
John Glenn Auditorium
$10 for students / $12 adults
Our Kindergarten roundup is taking place Friday, March 15th! Information can be viewed on our website, https://www.wwcsd.net/parents-students/kindergarten-roundup-registration/
Meet our staff, tour the school, start your child's future. All eleven K-4 elementary schools will host a Kindergarten Round-up for parents and children on Friday, March 15, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. Parents will have an opportunity to tour the school, meet the principal and kindergarten teachers, discuss the curriculum, and review registration materials.
This year's Coffee with the Superintendent will take place on April 11th, 2019 at 9am. Location will be at Schweitzer Elementary School (2601 Treadwell, Westland MI 48186)
April 25, 26, and 27th at 7pmStockmeyer Auditorium (Wayne Memorial High School)
Tickets are $12
Doors open 30 minutes before each show
Changes are coming to Wayne-Westland. We need your input on right-sizing the District.
ThoughtExchange is one way in which you can help provide feedback.
What factors should be considered when determining what school should be closed?
Participate now (no identifying information needed):
Also, please join us at one of the following community meetings:
- Tuesday, March 5 @ 3:45pm at Marshall Upper Elementary School library
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 3:15pm at Adams Upper Elementary School library
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 6pm at Franklin Middle School library
- Thursday, March 14 @ 7pm at Stevenson Middle School library
Please fill out our Senior Graduation Form! We'll use this information to improve the ways we can prepare you for your future plans at college. We would like to hear how we can improve as well. Please share your thoughts!
The Westland Public Library is now offering Homework Help for students grades 1-12. Please attached flyer.
Our Facebook Feed
Alternative High School
3001 4th St.
Wayne, Michigan 48184
Student Hours: Full Day - 7:50 am - 2:40 pm
Tinkham Educational Center
3001 4th St.
Wayne, Michigan 48184
Website: Community Education Page
Follow us on Social Media
Tinkham Educational Center has updated its hours to be from 7:50am to 2:40pm
If you are interested in registering for courses here at the Tinkham Educational Center, fill out the form and someone will be in touch with you.
How many credits do you need to graduate? Students with 18 credits in the Michigan Merit Curriculum (MMC) can graduate.
How often do graduations take places for students? We graduate students every 9 weeks.