WWIA Latest News
- 1st period 7:50 - 9:00 (70 min)
- 2nd period 9:05 - 10:20 (75 min)
- NWEA Test 10:25 - 11:25
- Lunch 11:30 - 12:00
- 3rd period 12:05 - 1:20 (75 min)
- 4th period 1:25 - 2:40 (75 min)
WINTER NWEA TESTING BEGINS THE WEEK OF JANUARY 30, 2023
Students, the testing schedules for Winter NWEA will be published by Wednesday, January 25, 2023 .
Welcome to Quarter Three
Reminder that Wednesday, January 18, 2023, is a field trip for students that passed 3/4 of their classes.
Student Assembly on Thursday, January 19, 2023
Representative from MIAT & UTI will be present to speak with students about post high school opportunities on Thursday, January 19, 2023.
November has been a very exciting month for many of our students. Our Wayne Memorial High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team is in the National Preseason Top 40 for the first time. We are proud of all the hard work and energy put into the program.
Students from our elementary and middle schools had the opportunity to visit Michigan State University, where they toured the campus and got to watch a women's basketball game. Another group of middle school students visited Lawrence Technological University and participated in STEM day. HYPE Athletics made a $10,000 donation to our PBIS program, which provides students with positive behavior with a one-day pass to the facility. We continue to work with our community partners to offer our students the most hands-on and comprehensive opportunities.
- October was : Fire Prevention Month, Anti-Bullying Month, National Principal Month
- Thank you to Staff and Students
- $3.3M grant through the ECF used for LTE devices
- $850K grant for work based learning opportunities for high school students
- $500K SME grant for small manufacturing and engineering at our William D Ford Tech Center
- School based health clinic being completed in April at John Glenn High School
- $150 grant from University of Michigan Trails Program for Mental Health lessons and professional learning
- $30K from Deliotte and Amazon for K-8 STEM Kits
- $20K Michigan College Access Network for computers and smart board for College and Career Readiness rooms
Please take a few minutes to fill out a Household Information Report. It's more than a meal application. Please contact your student's Main Office of you have any questions or need a form.
[See Read Full Article for complete list.]
Good evening Wayne-Westland families,
As you enjoy your last summer weekend before our students begin the new school year, I hope you and your children are filled with anticipation and excitement. Back to school represents a great tradition in Wayne-Westland. It also represents an opportunity for a fresh start.
[Click Read Full Article below for full letter.]
We are kicking off the new year with a welcome back to school message from Superintendent John Dignan.
My name is Kent`e Rosser and I am the new Principal of Wayne-Westland Innovative Academy, formerly Wayne-Westland Community High School. As we prepare to start the 2022/2023 school year, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.
For the past four years, I have served as the Principal of Franklin Middle School, in Wayne-Westland Community Schools District. I am a dedicated leader with over twelve years of building level administrative experience. I love to inspire students and staff members to be creative and engage in learning that is meaningful and impactful. I embrace positivity and believe that a school is only successful when we work as a team to support and encourage one another.
[See More below for Important Upcoming Dates]