John Glenn Latest News
As we approach the end of the semester and the much-anticipated holiday break, I want to reflect on our journey so far. This year has been filled with achievements, challenges, and moments of growth for our school community.
First, I thank our dedicated students for their hard work and perseverance throughout the semester.
To the families of John Glenn High School, your ongoing support has been instrumental in creating a positive environment for our students. Your involvement in our school community is invaluable, and we appreciate your partnership.
The administrative team of John Glenn High School wants to express our gratitude for our wonderful school community. This Thanksgiving, let's reflect on our strengths, our educators' dedication, and our students' resilience. Wishing everyone a joyous and gratitude-filled Thanksgiving holiday!
As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, We want to take a moment to remind our John Glenn High School community of the power of gratitude and positivity. This time of year provides us with an opportunity to reflect on our achievements, our strengths, and the potential for growth. The spirit of thankfulness is in our classrooms and daily interactions, and this leads to a supportive environment. Your hard work and dedication make our school a special place. Wishing everyone a motivated and inspiring lead-up to Thanksgiving!
We know staying focused during this time of year can be challenging as everyone anticipates the upcoming break. Remember to maintain your focus on learning. Each assignment, test, and project brings you closer to your future aspirations. Keep that vision in mind, and let it drive your efforts. Setting short-term goals to achieve before the upcoming break. It can give you a sense of purpose and accomplishment.
We know that this time of the school year can be challenging, but it's also a period of immense opportunity for growth and achievement. The Administrative teams and I want to share some motivation and tips to keep you going strong.
- Set Clear Goals: Take a moment to reflect on your goals for this marking period. What do you want to achieve academically and personally? Having clear objectives can fuel your motivation.
- Stay Organized: A well-organized approach to your studies and responsibilities will reduce stress and make it easier to stay on track.
- Celebrate Small Wins: Don't forget to celebrate your achievements, no matter how small they may seem. Every step toward your goals is worth acknowledging and celebrating.
- Ask for Help: If you ever feel overwhelmed or stuck, remember that our school community is here to support you. Reach out to your teachers, peers, and school counselors.
- Embrace the Holiday Spirit: The holiday season is upon us, and it can be a source of inspiration. Use the joy and goodwill of the season to fuel your determination.
- Remember Your Future: Each assignment, test, and project brings you closer to your future aspirations. Keep that vision in mind, and let it drive your efforts.
Stay motivated, stay focused, and let's make the second marking period a great one!
We are excited that John Glenn High School will begin a new marking period. As we enter the new marking period, there are a few key points to keep in mind:
1. Fresh Start: The beginning of a new marking period is an excellent opportunity for all our students to make a fresh start. Whether you had a previous solid marking period or faced some challenges, this is a chance to set new goals and work towards achieving them.
2. Communication: Clear communication is crucial. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your courses, grades, or other academic matters, please don't hesitate to contact your teachers or school administrators.
3. Attendance and Punctuality: Attending classes regularly and on time is vital for success. Please make it a priority to be present for all your types and arrive promptly.
5. Extracurricular Activities: Don't forget to explore our extracurricular opportunities. Joining clubs, sports teams, or other school activities can enhance your overall high school experience.
We believe we can make it a productive and successful marking period together.
Please remember as the weather turns colder, no ski masks or hoods can be worn in the building. This is a student safety and security matter.
The end of the quarter will arrive next Friday. This quarter was marked by remarkable achievements from our students. Their hard work, dedication, and resilience have shone through, and we are proud of their progress. We encourage both parents and students to take a moment to review their performance and set new goals for the upcoming quarter. Remember, we're here to support you every step of the way.
The end of the quarter is October 27th. Staying focused and motivated is crucial as the end of the quarter approaches. It's time to make that final push and give your best effort.
Attending school regularly and being on time for classes is essential for academic success. Please make every effort you can to get to school on time. Missing classes can result in gaps in understanding, making it harder for students to keep up with the curriculum. Regular school attendance also involves parents and guardians, who are crucial in ensuring students attend school on time and are prepared for their classes.
Homecoming week has been a huge success. It is always an exciting time for students, staff, and the school community. If you have any specific experiences or stories you'd like to share related to it, feel free to send them our way.
October is officially upon us. As the end of the marking period approaches, it's critical for students to review their progress and ensure that all assignments and assessments are completed. It's crucial for students to feel comfortable asking questions and seeking help when they need it. At John Glenn, we strive to create a supportive and open environment.
NEWSLETTER: JGHS Newsletter - September 29, 2023