Edison Latest News
I hope you are having a nice weekend and getting ready for the week!
It looks like winter finally arrived last week with lots of snow! With colder temperatures coming this week, please make sure your child has a coat, hat, gloves, boots, etc. Students do go outside for recess to get some fresh air, so make sure they are prepared!
If you did not get a robocall for the snow day notification, that means we do not have an updated phone number in our Mistar program. Please make sure to update your contact information so we can call you and you receive important district messages! (see below)
Enjoy the rest of your evening and have a great week,
I hope you are having a great weekend!
It's hard to believe that this is the last week of school for 2022! We have some fun spirit days planned for the week. Just a reminder that we are closed for Winter Break beginning Monday, December 26th through Sunday, January 8th. School will resume on Monday, January 9th.
November has been a very exciting month for many of our students. Our Wayne Memorial High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team is in the National Preseason Top 40 for the first time. We are proud of all the hard work and energy put into the program.
Students from our elementary and middle schools had the opportunity to visit Michigan State University, where they toured the campus and got to watch a women's basketball game. Another group of middle school students visited Lawrence Technological University and participated in STEM day. HYPE Athletics made a $10,000 donation to our PBIS program, which provides students with positive behavior with a one-day pass to the facility. We continue to work with our community partners to offer our students the most hands-on and comprehensive opportunities.
- October was : Fire Prevention Month, Anti-Bullying Month, National Principal Month
- Thank you to Staff and Students
- $3.3M grant through the ECF used for LTE devices
- $850K grant for work based learning opportunities for high school students
- $500K SME grant for small manufacturing and engineering at our William D Ford Tech Center
- School based health clinic being completed in April at John Glenn High School
- $150 grant from University of Michigan Trails Program for Mental Health lessons and professional learning
- $30K from Deliotte and Amazon for K-8 STEM Kits
- $20K Michigan College Access Network for computers and smart board for College and Career Readiness rooms
Please view our latest 60 Seconds in Wayne-Westland with Alex Ofili.
- Introduction to the District
- HR working hard looking for new employees. Please refer candidates to wwcsd.net/Careers to review opportunities.
Please take a few minutes to fill out a Household Information Report. It's more than a meal application. Please contact your student's Main Office of you have any questions or need a form.
[See Read Full Article for complete list.]
Good evening Wayne-Westland families,
As you enjoy your last summer weekend before our students begin the new school year, I hope you and your children are filled with anticipation and excitement. Back to school represents a great tradition in Wayne-Westland. It also represents an opportunity for a fresh start.
[Click Read Full Article below for full letter.]
We are kicking off the new year with a welcome back to school message from Superintendent John Dignan.
The Edison Staff has had a busy week so far preparing classrooms for students next week. It was an exciting day as the classroom air conditioning units were tested for the first time! Some construction work will continue this week but the major projects are wrapping up!
Here are a few reminders and updates:
1. Classroom teachers have been assigned for 1st-5th grade students and can be viewed on Parent Connect. Kindergarten students will be assigned on Friday. The link to Parent Connect is on the district website or you click here: https://sisweb.resa.net/ParentPortal/
The teacher is shown as a counselor, but that's just how the system displays the teacher. In addition, you can view transportation information in Parent Connect. The student's bus route and pick-up/drop-off times are listed. If a bus is not assigned, you can contact Transportation at 734-419-2150.
[Continue to full letter by clicking More...]
Dear Wayne-Westland Community, Welcome to the 2022 - 2023 school year! The beginning of a new school year is always exciting. As we prepare for the new school year, our administrative team and Board of Education have focused on one mission: Kids First.