Buildings and Grounds
Maintenance, cleaning, and repair of the District's 30 facilities and the surrounding grounds is the responsibility of the Building and Grounds and Maintenance Departments. The buildings include 2.4 million square feet of space, and District property encompasses 580 acres. The Buildings & Grounds Department also oversees many energy saving initiatives, intended to maximize the allocation of resources into the many instructional programs being offered.
The Wayne-Westland Community School District is proud to provide a functional, clean, and welcoming environment for our students and the community.
Integrated Pest Management
Integrated Pest Management Purpose:
To manage pests with the least possible impact on people, property, and the environment.
Integrated pest management (IPM) is a"pest management system that uses all suitable techniques in a total management system, to prevent pests from reaching unacceptable levels, or to reduce existing pest populations to acceptable levels."
Bed Bug Procedures
The district follows the IPM approach to prevent and eradicate bed bug intrusion. If there is a bed bug sighting in your building, please follow these steps:
- Report the sighting to the custodian and save a specimen in a resealable plastic bag to be kept with the red IPM booklet in the custodial office.
- The custodian will report the sighting to Buildings & Grounds and we will arrange to have the pest control company come out to identify the specimen and the areas of concern.
- Once a positive identification has been made, we will arrange to have a bed bug sniffing dog come out to the site and identify where bedbugs are present.
- The pest control technician will treat the areas identified by the dog.
- Continue to monitor the area and re-treat if necessary.