Wayne Latest News
Big week ahead -
- Counselor Presentations with our seniors in the ELA classes
- JGHS vs WMHS Football Game (7pm, Friday 9/22, at WMHS)
- 1st Annual Military Appreciation Night (at the football game)
- Student Section - let's rock 'camouflage' at school on Fri-Yay game day and at the game
The start of the school year has been very good. That is a true credit to everyone in the building. Well done Zebra's - TEAM ZEBRA!
First 5 day week ahead.... :) We got it! Let's do this! Scholars - continue to be 'R3' = reasonable, respectful, and responsible.
Starting to really get into routines this week. Please make sure to check out the Weekly Information to stay on top of it all. --- Picture Days this Wednesday and Thursday.
Welcome back! I hope that you had an awesome Labor Day weekend!
Few things for you as we start week 2 and you begin to settle into the new school year:
- We know that our scholars were trying to figure out their schedule last week. As a result of that, we didn't institute our tardy policy.
- This week we will begin to push our scholars to get to class on time, as our scholars can absolutely begin to get to class on time now. We have a warning bell and then a tardy bell that rings. Students need to get used to getting to class on time AND staying in class right now…. this is important as our tardy policy will begin very soon.
- NO hoodies on heads, NO sun glasses, NO complete face/head (like a ski mask) coverings on inside the building. This is for the safety of the building. We have to be able to identify and know who is in the building at all times!
- In the cafeteria, for breakfast and lunch: scholars are to throw your own trash away. That is your responsibility. You can do it…. Find the nearest trash can.
- Scholars - you should be checking your W-W email on a daily basis now. Get used to checking that email. Lots of important information and opportunities will come through that email.
- For our 9th Graders - please do not go back to your old middle school during THEIR school time hours.
I hope that everyone has an amazing week 2.
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! We are excited for the first official day of school on Tuesday, August 29, and are looking forward to partnering and working with you to make this an outstanding school year!
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! We are excited for the first official day of school on Tuesday, August 29, and are looking forward to partnering and working with you to make this an outstanding school year.
As your administrative team, we are truly honored to be a part of such a great community and are deeply committed to having a positive impact on your child’s life. It is important to us that each and every person that walks into our building is safe, feels welcomed, and is provided the best educational experience. We will accomplish this by setting high attendance, academic, and social standards for all of our students and providing a support system to ensure that those expectations are being met for every student at Wayne Memorial High School.
I hope that you are all having an amazing summer break! We are gearing up for your return and the start of the 2023-2024 school year! It is going to be an amazing year!
Few WMHS updates for you ---
Our office staff have been busy most all of the summer, holding it down for us all. :) I took a couple of weeks off in early July and then started back up with emails, phone calls, texts, and planning for my return to the building at the beginning of August. Your WMHS AP Administrative Team came back this past week. The rest of our staff will continue to come back to work each week now, up to the start of school.
Our fall extra-curriculars are in full swing now. The fall leadership and students are all working very hard. I have been very impressed with them. Our Wayne Pride is truly showing!! **If you have not started back up with our fall extra-curriculars yet, but are interested in joining a 'Wayne Team', the time to get going is now....
The building and grounds crews have been crushing it, as our WMHS 'campus' is looking amazing, both inside and out.
The final week of the 2022-2023 school year is upon us. We have full days Monday and Tuesday. Half Days Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for Final Exams. All students need to be at school and in class for the Final Exams. Please see the schedule below for the week ahead.
I hope that everyone had an awesome Memorial Day weekend!
Our seniors are officially done with school.... the time is now for our 11th graders to begin to take over the 'leadership' of the building. You have two weeks left in this school year. Set the tone to have a dynamic senior year! For our 10th and 9th graders, you need to stay on top of your academics right now! FINISH this school year off the right way. You got this! We got you!
It's officially the seniors last week of school! Lots going on this week. Please make sure to see the schedule below in the 'Week Ahead' and the 'Upcoming Events'.
For all of our 9-11th Graders, you have two weeks of school and the exam week left. Stay the course. Keep grinding. Make good decisions. You got this! We got you!
Happy Mother's Day to all of our Zebra Mom's! THANK YOU for all that you do! You are all appreciated SO, SO MUCH!
Two weeks left for our Seniors. Four weeks left for everyone else. We got this! Stay the course!
Another busy week ahead. Please make sure to see the schedule below - VERY, VERY important information below in the 'Upcoming Important Dates' section for all of our 9-12th Graders (especially for our Seniors!)
Have a wonderful week.
Important Senior Information: (updated, please plan accordingly)
- May 12th - Senior Class Meetings: #1, 7:30am in the Auditorium. This is for all seniors at WMHS in the am. #2, 1:10pm in the Lecture Hall. This is for all seniors that were away from WMHS in the am on this day
- May 18th - Senior College Decision Day. Wear your college swag. We will also take the senior Panoramic Picture on this day
- May 22nd - Normal Schedule for seniors
- May 23rd - Normal 1st-3rd Hour Classes. 4th-6th hour Senior Exams
- May 24th - 1st-3rd hour Senior Exams. Go to 4th hour / lunch. 5th-6th hour = Checkout and Chromebook collection in the Alumni
- May 25th - Senior Breakfast in the cafeteria. After breakfast, seniors report to the auditorium for checkout reminders, leftover Chromebook collection, Senior Honors Night reminders/process, graduation reminders/practice, and clap out. Seniors will be released by 10:10am
- May 31st - MANDATORY Graduation Practice for seniors. 8am, in the Alumni Gym. We will also hand out caps, gowns, and tickets after the practice is over. *All fines must be paid in order to receive your cap, gown, and tickets
- June 1st - Senior Honors Night. 6pm in the Stockmeyer Auditorium
- June 3rd - GRADUATION DAY at Eastern Michigan University. 2pm